New User Decorum

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

New User Decorum

Post by thrill »

Dear Valued and Esteemed Gateway Redbirds Reader,

Guys, please stop calling people trolls. If you have an issue with someone, use the the report post function (the exclamation mark near the quote button) or pm one of the mod squad. If you want to talk trash about someone, send out a pm to another poster(s).

Otherwise, give all posters the same benefit everyone gave you and allow them to be proven a troll before being labeled one. A welcoming, civil atmosphere is what sets our board apart from other message boards and we will keep that. It is our mission statement and will not be compromised. Please respect that and the other rules of the forum.

We have recently gotten some mentions at another board. Because of this we have experienced an increase in lurking viewers and may have new people join because of it. Some may be trolls and doing it for nefarious reasons, but keep in mind, the majority of you all found this place from similar posts at another board. You're all, for the most part, awesome people to talk about fish tacos, zz top, Rich Men and even occasionally baseball with. Keep it up and try to encourage new posters to do the same.

Thanks,
GRB Moderators

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Re: New User Decorum

Post by JackofDiamonds »

ZZ Top sucks. Thrill's a troll.

(I like and voted for ZZ Top. But Thrill is still a troll, he's just in deep cover.)

Oh, and welcome anyone new.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I am the master of the long troll. In about 14 years, I'm going to go on a trolling rampage.

mcgee51taguchi99
Perennial All-Star
Location: Crying/injoyin watching tha Crew in tha Playoffs!!!

Post by mcgee51taguchi99 »

I promise to be good unless someone gets all up in my face claiming the Mobil Number 6 commercial is the bomb. Then we will gather our crews and hold a best of 7 diss dance competition to determine teh winnar.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

thrill - some trolls were hanging around on your soccer threads ...

Not.

Rolencarnacion
Everyday Player

Post by Rolencarnacion »

after reading at the other place. You know where. I thought I'd come see what all the hub bub was about and find this.

Do you all really care what a few others have said at CT? Or people venting because they have been banned here? I was curious because some of the poster back there that were here are and were good poster at either spot. I have like this board from the onset but can not understand with after the years of seperation from CT the animosity that exsists between all of us?

I must return to my regularly scheduled and employer accepted site. Hopefully soon I will have my computer at home again so I can come back to my normal posting habits on the weekends.

Good luck with the recuiting of new members and remember thinking you are better is a state of mind. Actually being better demands a moral higher ground which can only be justified with integrity.

Peace Ver the newest CT Troll or would that be the latest or oldest?

ZZ Top does suck Metallica Rules :x

PujolJunkie
Hall Of Famer

Post by PujolJunkie »

Rolencarnacion wrote:after reading at the other place. You know where. I thought I'd come see what all the hub bub was about and find this.

Do you all really care what a few others have said at CT? Or people venting because they have been banned here? I was curious because some of the poster back there that were here are and were good poster at either spot. I have like this board from the onset but can not understand with after the years of seperation from CT the animosity that exsists between all of us?

I must return to my regularly scheduled and employer accepted site. Hopefully soon I will have my computer at home again so I can come back to my normal posting habits on the weekends.

Good luck with the recuiting of new members and remember thinking you are better is a state of mind. Actually being better demands a moral higher ground which can only be justified with integrity.

Your entire post could be a reason why. This is only going to incite an argument and you know it.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Ver,
We aren't recruiting members. In fact, all the new threads about GRB over at Cards Talk have been started and kept active by users who have been banned for more than fair reasons here. We can't control what they post on other boards and we understand why they might be upset with this place after having it taken from them.

I will say this. If you are looking for more civility, organization and critically evaluated baseball discussions, we are pretty dang good. I don't know if we're the best, but if that's what you're looking for, then we have a good product. If that's not what someone is looking for, then we aren't the best.

There are no bests, just differences and we just try to provide what we thought was an inequity in the Cardinals Message Board market three years ago. Hopefully we fill that niche well and people enjoy coming here.

I can't speak for what other people think about what's being said at CT, but I can assure you that to the leadership of this site, CT has been an afterthought for years now. We don't think about it, we aren't particularly interested in it and we are happy being a separate world. Unfortunately some banned users of this site hold some bitterness and CT is where they've chosen to make issue of it.

Regards,
thrill

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

It can be tough entering a board for the first time. Most of your ideas and preferred players have been statistically debated on the forum ad nausium, so its hard to know what one can add to the discussion. Heck, I still can't post much in baseball talk other than "we need a better 3b". It takes awhile to get caught up in the forum. I don't know what or where the hubub was about, but lets give people a chance. :D

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

PujolJunkie wrote:
Rolencarnacion wrote:after reading at the other place. You know where. I thought I'd come see what all the hub bub was about and find this.

Your entire post could be a reason why. This is only going to incite an argument and you know it.
Ver has always had good intentions at both sites.

In case I was unclear and anyone was confused, this is the kind of posting my original post was referring to.