GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 24 19, 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: New User Decorum
PostPosted: June 3 09, 12:59 pm 
Mother Earth

I convinced my brother to join. He posted here, a "local" called him a troll, and he never came back.

PostPosted: June 3 09, 1:04 pm 
Hall Of Famer

I agree with thrill.

PostPosted: June 3 09, 1:07 pm 
99% conan clips

oh lawd, drama!!!

PostPosted: June 3 09, 1:16 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Hungary Jack wrote:
I convinced my brother to join. He posted here, a "local" called him a troll, and he never came back.

I meant "gnome"

PostPosted: June 3 09, 1:16 pm 
has a link from 538 to share

Hungary Jack wrote:

That's exactly the type of thing we're trying to avoid.

I love that our users care enough about GRB to root out potential trolls, however it's also important to give someone a chance. We're quite a bit different from other boards, so it can take time for a user to adjust.

As as always, if you see a user out of line, just PM a mod and we'll take a look. :D

PostPosted: June 3 09, 1:27 pm 
Everday Unicorn

What does everyone think about the upcoming Anderson v. Molina competition for the catcher job?

PostPosted: June 3 09, 1:37 pm 
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Michael wrote:
Hungary Jack wrote:

That's exactly the type of thing we're trying to avoid.

I love that our users care enough about GRB to root out potential trolls, however it's also important to give someone a chance. We're quite a bit different from other boards, so it can take time for a user to adjust.

As as always, if you see a user out of line, just PM a mod and we'll take a look. :D

I've been reporting every one of your posts since I joined. I think the button is broken.

PostPosted: June 3 09, 1:46 pm 
All-Star

My sad tale:

After getting chastised for excessive non-work-related surfing back in 2007, I went cold turkey, deleted my bookmarks, and weaned myself off GWR except for some occasional lurking at my home computer. A year or so ago, restrictions were relaxed so I bookmarked the Post-Dispatch baseball page in order to check on Cardinals news frequently. Alas, the CT forums were right there, easily accessible, so, I have to admit, I partook.

It was horrible. Occasional moments of intelligent baseball talk were drowned in tidal waves of aholery and dooshbaggery--and it was even worse, as I'm sure some of you know, in the Current Affairs forum, where rational thought disappeared amidst the hand-wringing, the hysterics, the name-calling, the non sequiturs, and the creation of strawmen large enough to be seen from space. I thought it was bad during the run-up to the election, but it might actually be worse now.

Anyway. I can't guarantee I'll be a regular poster here (not that I was ever too regular), but I thought this thread would be a good place to state that this site is, once again, my forum of choice. The grass really is greener here because too many people are peeing on it over there.

PostPosted: June 3 09, 1:50 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Adrian Wapcaplet wrote:
My sad tale:

After getting chastised for excessive non-work-related surfing back in 2007, I went cold turkey, deleted my bookmarks, and weaned myself off GWR except for some occasional lurking at my home computer. A year or so ago, restrictions were relaxed so I bookmarked the Post-Dispatch baseball page in order to check on Cardinals news frequently. Alas, the CT forums were right there, easily accessible, so, I have to admit, I partook.

It was horrible. Occasional moments of intelligent baseball talk were drowned in tidal waves of aholery and dooshbaggery--and it was even worse, as I'm sure some of you know, in the Current Affairs forum, where rational thought disappeared amidst the hand-wringing, the hysterics, the name-calling, the non sequiturs, and the creation of strawmen large enough to be seen from space. I thought it was bad during the run-up to the election, but it might actually be worse now.

Anyway. I can't guarantee I'll be a regular poster here (not that I was ever too regular), but I thought this thread would be a good place to state that this site is, once again, my forum of choice. The grass really is greener here because too many people are peeing on it over there.

Whoa, two things:

1) An Adrian Wapcaplet sighting!!! And he's coming back! Sweet!
2) You can tell he's been around from the beginning because of the whole GatewayRedbirds.com acronym contest...GRB or GWR? That was a huge battle at the beginning, and Adrian may have just stoked the fires!

Glad to have you back :)

PostPosted: June 3 09, 1:53 pm 
All-Star

Thanks, TFG. Now watch me get busted again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next