Posts Per Page

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Posts Per Page

Post by TheoSqua »

I've been reading a blues forum that has 20 posts per page, rather than 10, and I realized it's a lot nicer being able to read 60 post threads without having to click through six pages.

Has increasing the posts per page a bit here been considered?

I really wish phpbb would make that a user setting, rather than a board setting.

Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators

Re: Posts Per Page

Post by Tambourine Man »

I think the main concern is how long it can take for a page with lots of pictures/embedded crap to load for people with slow internet connections. On dialup or satellite, I can't imagine how long some avatars and sigs take to load.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Tambourine Man wrote:I think the main concern is how long it can take for a page with lots of pictures/embedded crap to load for people with slow internet connections. On dialup or satellite, I can't imagine how long some avatars and sigs take to load.
Yep. This.

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

Michael wrote:
Tambourine Man wrote:I think the main concern is how long it can take for a page with lots of pictures/embedded crap to load for people with slow internet connections. On dialup or satellite, I can't imagine how long some avatars and sigs take to load.
Yep. This.
like theo said, phbb really should make that a user setting.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I suspect it's not an option for stability reasons. Some idiot could set it to 1000 posts per page in a megathread and bring down an entire board.

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

Michael wrote:I suspect it's not an option for stability reasons. Some idiot could set it to 1000 posts per page in a megathread and bring down an entire board.

give two options, maybe three. 10, 20, 40. that's how the other board i frequent works.

StatmanCrothers
Perennial All-Star

Post by StatmanCrothers »

RxOfCowbell wrote:
Michael wrote:I suspect it's not an option for stability reasons. Some idiot could set it to 1000 posts per page in a megathread and bring down an entire board.

give two options, maybe three. 10, 20, 40. that's how the other board i frequent works.
this would be nice.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

2012. What does it matter if this board goes down?