Language

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Language

Post by themiddle54 »

Michael/mods,

Language on here is carefully controlled to not insult. For example, I can't say chicken [expletive] or horse [expletive] or bull [expletive]. I can't call someone a [expletive]. Seems reasonable, this could be deemed pretty [expletive] offensive by some chicken [expletive] mother [expletive].

I was hoping there is one more thing you could control, which is said on here frequently and is just as offensive to my ears. There must be some way, whenever someone uses "Boston Red Sox" and "best-run" or "best-managed" or "smartest" in the same sentence, to wipe out that obscenity, which implies they are something that has won more than one division in the last 16 years or that they haven't been edged out of the playoffs, along with all their financial might, by a team a quarter their size each of the last two years. If you can't put "expletive" in place of anything obscenely referring to the team from New England as the "best" anything other than finishing second, perhaps you could auto-correct "Boston Red Sox" to something less offensive like "TAMPA BAY [expletive] RAYS are the best-run team in baseball".

Thanks for your time.

tm54

themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Re: Language

Post by themiddle54 »

Come on this is comic gold!!!