new log-on requirements--jesus christ! i almost gave up.

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
StatmanCrothers
Perennial All-Star

new log-on requirements--jesus christ! i almost gave up.

Post by StatmanCrothers »

for some reason my computer decided it forgot all my log-on cookies or whatever. had to actually log-on to several sites that usually log me in automatically. including here.

holy freaking bejeezus. i nearly gave up. just reading the little "enter the code you see" image was like an acid flashback nightmare. i wasn't sure if I had an underscore in the middle of my username, I wasn't sure which variation of several passwords I use for this sight and on top of that I have to read some funhouse mirror nonsense words? Christ on a freaking crutch. I swear, i was one log-on fail away from giving up.

i understand these "enter the letters you see" graphics are to avoid spiders and artificial intelligence from taking over your hive mind, but still.... at what cost? at what cost?

at what cost?

Bo Hart
Perennial All-Star

Re: new log-on requirements--jesus christ! i almost gave up.

Post by Bo Hart »

StatmanCrothers wrote:i understand these "enter the letters you see" graphics are to avoid spiders and artificial intelligence from taking over your hive mind, but still.... at what cost? at what cost?

at what cost?
Seriously, though. Those things are unbelievably difficult. They border on discouraging people form using the site! I find them immensely difficult and I'm 24 years-old. I can't imagine how much the average old granny with poor vision handles it.

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Re: new log-on requirements--jesus christ! i almost gave up.

Post by Arthur Dent »

Given the number spammers we've had, I'm glad it was made more difficult. As far as I can tell, you only have the read the thing once when you register, so it doesn't seem like a big burden to me.

Though in general, I kind of hate those things especially when you have to enter them repeatedly, and I wish a better way to separate humans from computer programs could be found.