grb time out

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: grb time out

Post by lukethedrifter »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i feel like this (the time out) is kinda happening again. call me crazy.

edit: maybe if like, multiple people are trying to post at the same time it takes awhile...

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I can't tell if it's grb today or the network here. I bet it's our network.

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer

Post by TimeForGuinness »

lukethedrifter wrote:I can't tell if it's grb today or the network here. I bet it's our network.
slow for me too

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

much faster now

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

Every time I delete a post of mine (like when I duplicate it), I swear it hangs up the entire site. Try it - make a post and then delete it. It will just hang, and if you try accessing it from somewhere else you won't get in.

I think those hangs you are seeing is when someone, probably docellis, is deleting their post.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I don't think that's the problem, jim.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i think jims right...i think if 2 people are tryign to do something at the same time, it hangs/stalls/times out

in the GRB kids thread...AWstrike3 posted a picture of his son and i was going to reply how i think its "weird" that GRB is older than kids now and we're able to see how time flies (with wart posting about a 5th birthday for smelly)...when i tried to post it hung up, was just spinning trying to "post"...then, frustrated/annoyed, i closed it entirely and waited until i could get a new tab to connect to the grb "server", if you will...when i was able to connect, AWstrike3s post was deleted.

so yeah...i think if 2 or more people are tryign to post/edit/delete at the same time it screws at least one person up...but i dont know if its thread specific or if its across the board

though...in a GDT people post at the same time (as far as date stamp) so its probably not merely posting something new "at the same time"...

FWP and all but it does still come into play now and again...that and fixing the search feature are my only two "complaints"

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Yeah, I deleted it because it was too big and didn't realize until posting it. So, I deleted, resized and reposted. Sorry for the hangup. But, I agree. I had to shut GRB down after deleting the post. And, I left it at the screen that popped up after deleting the post while resizing. So....yeah, I agree.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

If you delete a post 100% of the time you will see a long hang before you get back, and sometimes you have to wait a few minutes. I've often wondered if that was being seen globally, or if it was some browser specific thing, or what. doc deletes half the posts she makes, so we should ask her.