CANCELED: Maintenance Tonight

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
obucard
Perennial All-Star

Re: CANCELED: Maintenance Tonight

Post by obucard »

Jmodene wrote:I guess that means no trade after all. ;)
Nah, the trade will still go down; this way it allows us to over-analyze all the ways the trade is either the best or worst thing we could do. Major argument optional.

Jmodene
Still waiting for someone to use a Weird Al song

Post by Jmodene »

obucard wrote:
Jmodene wrote:I guess that means no trade after all. ;)
Nah, the trade will still go down; this way it allows us to over-analyze all the ways the trade is either the best or worst thing we could do. Major argument optional.
Thanks - I feel much better now.

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

What?! Cancelled? I want my money back.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Phew

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Great. I've got just enough time to post this in the Cats thread.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

Michael I think we should follow the ITIL process for change management. Next time, create a Change request ticket and then schedule a meeting with the Change Advisory Board for build approval. If you have and Requested Items please attach them to the change request, and if you have multiple change requests please create a release request and attach those to that. Please be prepared with a business justification for your change. Once you have been granted build approval by the all powerful Change Advisory Board, then please provide a project plan, release notes, a build plan, a test plan, back out plan, test results, test results from the backout plan, test results from the backout plan that didn't work, test results from the build, test results from the release, and communication plan. Also please provide information on how you plan to communicate the communication plan. Also please be sure to have all of this ready two weeks in advance of the upgrade so that the Change Advisory Board who all have their thumbs up their asses can then approve and bless your change and THEN you can go forward.

You should spend 12x more in paperwork and documentation than the work to actually do the change. At least. Otherwise the CAB will decline your request and make you write more stuff. Things like "Michael will follow the ITIL process" 500 times.

Thanks.

--jim.

Jmodene
Still waiting for someone to use a Weird Al song

Post by Jmodene »

jim wrote:Michael I think we should follow the ITIL process for change management. Next time, create a Change request ticket and then schedule a meeting with the Change Advisory Board for build approval. If you have and Requested Items please attach them to the change request, and if you have multiple change requests please create a release request and attach those to that. Please be prepared with a business justification for your change. Once you have been granted build approval by the all powerful Change Advisory Board, then please provide a project plan, release notes, a build plan, a test plan, back out plan, test results, test results from the backout plan, test results from the backout plan that didn't work, test results from the build, test results from the release, and communication plan. Also please provide information on how you plan to communicate the communication plan. Also please be sure to have all of this ready two weeks in advance of the upgrade so that the Change Advisory Board who all have their thumbs up their asses can then approve and bless your change and THEN you can go forward.

You should spend 12x more in paperwork and documentation than the work to actually do the change. At least. Otherwise the CAB will decline your request and make you write more stuff. Things like "Michael will follow the ITIL process" 500 times.

Thanks.

--jim.
But what about the trade?