Separate Politics/Current Events Section?

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

Re: Separate Politics/Current Events Section?

Post by docellis »

Secret Weapon wrote:It seems kinda crazy to me that people who want to avoid political stuff can't control themselves enough to not click on a thread. And won't their curiosity just cause them to click on the other forum as well? But worth a shot I guess.
::Kermit:Sipping:Tea::

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

I request a 2nd forum in rants and raves. The random musing thread is neither a rant or rave and I can't control myself to open it or not so I'd rather it'd be in another forum where my likelihood of opening it is exactly the same. Thank you.

Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star

Post by Secret Weapon »

Jocephus wrote:I request a 2nd forum in rants and raves. The random musing thread is neither a rant or rave and I can't control myself to open it or not so I'd rather it'd be in another forum where my likelihood of opening it is exactly the same. Thank you.
:D

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

People are complainig about this switch? Really? This place was dying IMO and that was largely due to mega political threads consuming Social. Personally I think the more forums, the better. I think it stirs activity and chatter. Want to talk about movies or a TV show? Go to the movie and TV forum. Want to talk about a new album or a concert you just saw? Go to the music forum.

docellis

Post by docellis »

stlouie_lipp wrote:People are complainig about this switch? Really? This place was dying IMO and that was largely due to mega political threads consuming Social. Personally I think the more forums, the better. I think it stirs activity and chatter. Want to talk about movies or a TV show? Go to the movie and TV forum. Want to talk about a new album or a concert you just saw? Go to the music forum.
To be fair, nobody has been begging for a movie and tv forum for years. This, imo, is symptomatic of the complete political picture in America. We can't talk rationally about politics so we get terrible politicians.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

docellis wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:People are complainig about this switch? Really? This place was dying IMO and that was largely due to mega political threads consuming Social. Personally I think the more forums, the better. I think it stirs activity and chatter. Want to talk about movies or a TV show? Go to the movie and TV forum. Want to talk about a new album or a concert you just saw? Go to the music forum.
We can't talk rationally about politics so we get terrible politicians.
Completely agree with this. Although, I don't know how this relates to having a separate politics forum for the sake of keeping the board alive.

docellis

Post by docellis »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
docellis wrote:
We can't talk rationally about politics so we get terrible politicians.
Completely agree with this. Although, I don't know how this relates to having a separate politics forum for the sake of keeping the board alive.
I missed the forum meltdown, so I can't speak to that, but my point is needing that separated and nothing else is a symptom of a bigger problem (not just here).

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i dont know about you guys but i cannot control where my mouse goes. its like i say i have no interest but damnit the thread keeps opening up! i think ive been hacked.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Jocephus wrote:i dont know about you guys but i cannot control where my mouse goes. its like i say i have no interest but damnit the thread keeps opening up! i think ive been hacked.
We get it. You've made this point before. It wasn't funny the first time either.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

the inability for some to control their urges and NOT open a thread is hilarious to me.

i assume you take this as an attack on your character since this was your brainchild. trust me, its not.