GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently December 10 18, 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: September 8 16, 10:04 pm 
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

Secret Weapon wrote:
It seems kinda crazy to me that people who want to avoid political stuff can't control themselves enough to not click on a thread. And won't their curiosity just cause them to click on the other forum as well? But worth a shot I guess.

::Kermit:Sipping:Tea::

PostPosted: September 9 16, 5:19 pm 
99% conan clips

I request a 2nd forum in rants and raves. The random musing thread is neither a rant or rave and I can't control myself to open it or not so I'd rather it'd be in another forum where my likelihood of opening it is exactly the same. Thank you.

PostPosted: September 10 16, 7:01 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Jocephus wrote:
I request a 2nd forum in rants and raves. The random musing thread is neither a rant or rave and I can't control myself to open it or not so I'd rather it'd be in another forum where my likelihood of opening it is exactly the same. Thank you.

:D

PostPosted: September 11 16, 5:47 pm 
Hallelujah Brother

People are complainig about this switch? Really? This place was dying IMO and that was largely due to mega political threads consuming Social. Personally I think the more forums, the better. I think it stirs activity and chatter. Want to talk about movies or a TV show? Go to the movie and TV forum. Want to talk about a new album or a concert you just saw? Go to the music forum.

PostPosted: September 11 16, 5:55 pm 

stlouie_lipp wrote:
People are complainig about this switch? Really? This place was dying IMO and that was largely due to mega political threads consuming Social. Personally I think the more forums, the better. I think it stirs activity and chatter. Want to talk about movies or a TV show? Go to the movie and TV forum. Want to talk about a new album or a concert you just saw? Go to the music forum.

To be fair, nobody has been begging for a movie and tv forum for years. This, imo, is symptomatic of the complete political picture in America. We can't talk rationally about politics so we get terrible politicians.

PostPosted: September 11 16, 5:59 pm 
Hallelujah Brother

docellis wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:

We can't talk rationally about politics so we get terrible politicians.

Completely agree with this. Although, I don't know how this relates to having a separate politics forum for the sake of keeping the board alive.

PostPosted: September 11 16, 6:40 pm 

stlouie_lipp wrote:
docellis wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:

We can't talk rationally about politics so we get terrible politicians.

Completely agree with this. Although, I don't know how this relates to having a separate politics forum for the sake of keeping the board alive.

I missed the forum meltdown, so I can't speak to that, but my point is needing that separated and nothing else is a symptom of a bigger problem (not just here).

PostPosted: September 12 16, 6:39 am 
99% conan clips

i dont know about you guys but i cannot control where my mouse goes. its like i say i have no interest but damnit the thread keeps opening up! i think ive been hacked.

PostPosted: September 12 16, 7:16 am 
Hallelujah Brother

Jocephus wrote:
i dont know about you guys but i cannot control where my mouse goes. its like i say i have no interest but damnit the thread keeps opening up! i think ive been hacked.

We get it. You've made this point before. It wasn't funny the first time either.

PostPosted: September 12 16, 7:25 am 
99% conan clips

the inability for some to control their urges and NOT open a thread is hilarious to me.

i assume you take this as an attack on your character since this was your brainchild. trust me, its not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next