New Twitter Functionality

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
Swirls
gone fission

Re: New Twitter Functionality

Post by Swirls »

Shameless bump. Twitter feeds worked for a day or two when I switched to prosilver, but that was it. Right now half the time I'm on GRB at work I have to also have it up on my phone to scroll and see all of the embedded content. The other half the time I hope future posters mention some of the content from the embedded post so I can stumble through and get an idea of what was said.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

same

not sure if it would be possible to do this with phpBB, but sites like deadspin that use embedded tweets have stripped down versions of the tweet if twitter is blocked--in that, you can see the tweet it's just not all fancy lookin

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

its all of a suddenly working now....michael did you make changes?

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Nope

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Back to its old ways. any update for a fix or a workaround for those of us who have twitter blocked at work?

wasn't much of an issue in the offseason but the functionality of the board will be greatly reduced during the season, especially since fan now posts tweets in the GDT's.

but then again this just may be a ploy to prevent me from posting in GDT's and if that's the case then....understandable.

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

I generally like the functionality, but IMO the GDT's are getting a little too tweet heavy. I don't much enjoy having to click through like six pages of embedded tweets. I come to GRB to bask in the divine wisdom of guys like go birds, not to look at Derrick Goold tweets I already saw in my Twitter timeline.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

i love how fan runs the gdts. Just ignore them or disable tweets if it bugs you.

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

Far as I can tell there is no hide posts with tweets nor ignore user, correct?

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

gobirds, I have a question. And that is, do you work in Communist China?

Also, Fan has always filled in the threads with pre-game fluff regardless of twitter/no twitter, it's not like too much convo is happening at that point anyways. I also like seeing what's going on around the ballpark.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

it makes the board dysfunctional...it's not a matter of just "ignoring the posts".

and as far as i know, it's not a feature that can be disabled.

for the record, i like the embedded tweets and info fan brings. it's just that i can't follow along the GDTs because twitter is blocked at work (along with facebook, snapchat, etc).