All Good Things Must Come to an End (Aug 12th)

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Re: All Good Things Must Come to an End (Aug 12th)

Post by JackofDiamonds »

sighyoung wrote:I'm sorry to hear about that JackofDiamonds. I always enjoyed your posts.

Anyway, I had enough pleasant pm's that I could never bring myself to erase them. My inbox has been 91% full for a couple of years.
Thanks sigh! Always enjoyed yours as well.

Actually, the PMs were really funny and great, but they were in response to me leaving due to several comment threads on race, police, the confederate flag...

But enough of that! Let's remember the good stuff, like that time Wilford Brimley ate 300 cats.

JackofDiamonds

Post by JackofDiamonds »

heyzeus wrote:
JackofDiamonds wrote:Went into my PMs, remembered why I left last year. Maybe it's a good thing this place is shutting down.

We had a good run people!

Sorry about all the penii. I thought that's what pm was for. Turns out, that's pn.
No worries. I've PMed you my personal e-mail, keep up the pn.

Molly
Perennial All-Star

Post by Molly »

sighyoung wrote:Anyway, I had enough pleasant pm's that I could never bring myself to erase them. My inbox has been 91% full for a couple of years.
Got this on 12/8/06 from omaha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZAHl5_LTGQ

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

I am going to throw you this ball. When you catch the ball, I want you to say the name of a person very important to you, somebody really special, who died, and then I want you to say how they died. And you may cry if you like. That is encouraged. Let me just start. Let me show you how this works. I catch the ball. I lost Gateway Redbirds and it feels like somebody took my heart and dropped it into a bucket of boiling tears. And, at the same time, somebody else is hitting my soul in the crotch with a frozen sledgehammer. And then a third guy walks in and starts punching me in the grief bone. And I am crying, and nobody can hear me because I am terribly, terribly, terribly alone.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Sup, JoD.

We still need maclowery, greenback and a few others to show up before they turn the lights out.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I was always hoping to belly up to maclowery's bar, him having no idea who i am

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I pm'd Clement, but no response - must not have the email address tied to his GRB account anymore.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Said he forgot his password but he'll be in Chicago in Sept and St Louis in Oct.

Go_Crazy_Folks
Everyday Player

Post by Go_Crazy_Folks »

I joined here right before the great run of '06. I always "listened" more than I posted but you all have been terrific. I've wasted a lot of work hours following other people's conversations and laughed hysterically a few times in social. Since my jump on board I've married, climbed the career ladder, and added two kids so my posting is non existent but this remained my go to source. jim is always the poster I related to most. I live a data world but I enjoy baseball so much because every so often you get a glimpse that the game can't simply be understood through numbers. jim's stories and insight were always a good example of that. RIP old board.

JackofDiamonds

Post by JackofDiamonds »

cardsfansince82 wrote:Sup, JoD.

We still need maclowery, greenback and a few others to show up before they turn the lights out.
Sup, '82.

Also missing ICE and Snayke.