Fax

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Fax

Post by IMADreamer »

Apparently in some parts of the business world it's still 1986 because they still use faxes. I was asked to fax in something to which I said I don't have one. They were shocked. I asked about a scanned email and they said "oh no it has to be faxed.' I asked if it was the 1980s there still and they weren't amused.

tlombard
tl;dr

Re: Fax

Post by tlombard »

I am pretty sure we still have one fax machine around here somewhere. Probably the mail room. You just gave me a terrible flashback of my time working overnights when I would have to fax huge stacks of stuff around the world to our subsidiaries every Friday and Saturday night (only worked 3rd shift those nights and 2nd the rest of the week). We had six or seven fax machines lined up and they would just never go through right the first time and I'd have to try again. That was never fun. Of course my job other than that was to just stay awake and answer the phone the four or five times a night it rang so I can't complain too much. I basically just read a book and magazines and did about five minutes of actual work on third shift.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

Many mortgage lenders still require a bunch of stuff to be faxed. It is insane. How on earth is a grainy fax sent over telephone preferred over a high res scan sent through secure email?

Side rant: the last mortgage i did for a rental property was for less money than many car loans. Yet I had to submit more information than I feel I would have had to adopt a child and obtain a pilot's license to fly and pick them up. It was insane.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

The kid just got a new apartment. She sent everything needed for the application using CamScanner app to create pdf's. The lease was reviewed/signed using dotloop.com. Painless.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

dude...the medical industry is soooo far behind the rest of the world in terms of documentation, it's ridiculous. we get HUNDREDS of faxes every single day. seriously. it's insane.

i scan/email everything...but nearly all the other agencies and dr's we work with all fax...everything. and they're [expletive] copies of orders and crap that were haphazardly created in a word document with huge font that they've faxed/crumbled so many times they're barely legible.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

I see patients in emergency rooms all day via telemedicine.

To get information on the patient I will be seeing, the ED faxes the patient information into the "queue" which is a protected website.

After I see the patient I type a consult.

After the consult is typed, I press "send consult to the ED."

It prints off on their fax machine.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

The only faxes I get are when my opposing lawyer is 70+ years old. That's the way you did things in the 80s I suppose.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

heyzeus wrote:The only faxes I get are when my opposing lawyer is 70+ years old. That's the way you did things in the 80s I suppose.
Ouch.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

I just run up to the coop when I need something faxed.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

The chickens have a fax machine? Figures they'd be using outdated tech.