GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 22 17, 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
PostPosted: July 7 17, 3:43 pm 
All Hail the New GDT Master

Toddlers don't need seats...they have little bitty legs.

PostPosted: July 7 17, 4:18 pm 
Hall Of Famer

CardsofSTL wrote:
Toddlers don't need seats...they have little bitty legs.

Hell, I bet you could fit one or two under the seats. Think of the revenue they are letting slip away!

PostPosted: July 7 17, 6:10 pm 
Mayor of GRB

The mom should be charged extra for not sticking the rug rat under the seat in front of her, or placing him in the overhead bin.

PostPosted: July 16 17, 8:47 pm 
Mayor of GRB

My son just flew on United en route to China. If all goes normally, there will be a social media nightmare, a lawsuit, and a very early retirement.

PostPosted: August 23 17, 2:23 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

What a disappointment the Southwest want-to-get-away sales are from STL. oh the exotic ports of call for 1-way $49 - Des Moines! Little Rock! Atlanta! Get your dancin' shoes on baby, we are going to Wichita! (Sorry Joc).

oi, our airport. The positive is the airport is accessible, located centrally, and not too busy. The not too busy part is the problem too. Can't get many places direct without a stop. There are some major dead zones for destinations from St. Louis. And if you can fly non-stop somewhere, the lack of competition here means higher prices.

Yeah, I've flown Allegiant Air out of Mascoutah. Fun, if you you are interested in traveling to Florida on a Tues or Fri.

PostPosted: August 24 17, 7:41 am 
tl;dr

Ooh. I have a couple of friends in Atlanta that I wouldn't mind visiting. I need to start paying attention to those specials more.

PostPosted: August 24 17, 11:49 am 
Puppy Murderer

Freed Roger wrote:
What a disappointment the Southwest want-to-get-away sales are from STL. oh the exotic ports of call for 1-way $49 - Des Moines! Little Rock! Atlanta! Get your dancin' shoes on baby, we are going to Wichita! (Sorry Joc).

oi, our airport. The positive is the airport is accessible, located centrally, and not too busy. The not too busy part is the problem too. Can't get many places direct without a stop. There are some major dead zones for destinations from St. Louis. And if you can fly non-stop somewhere, the lack of competition here means higher prices.

Yeah, I've flown Allegiant Air out of Mascoutah. Fun, if you you are interested in traveling to Florida on a Tues or Fri.

On the upside, starting next year you can fly direct to Reykjavik!

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/08/wow-ai ... rn-cities/

PostPosted: August 24 17, 4:03 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
On the upside, starting next year you can fly direct to Reykjavik!

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/08/wow-ai ... rn-cities/

Saw that and it is definitely worth an exclamation point!

PostPosted: September 25 17, 9:05 am 
'Burb Boy

So I bought Early Bird Check-In from Southwest, and I don't think it was worth it. It automatically checks you in 36 hours before your flight, but you still don't get to see your boarding position until 24 hours ahead.

When I went to retrieve my boarding pass this morning (about 22 hours before my flight), I was in B13. I know A1-15 goes to Business Select, but I have a hard time believing nearly 60 other people got the early bird too. Basically I paid $30 round trip, and the only real benefit is an early check in.

PostPosted: September 25 17, 10:09 am 
Hall Of Famer

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
So I bought Early Bird Check-In from Southwest, and I don't think it was worth it. It automatically checks you in 36 hours before your flight, but you still don't get to see your boarding position until 24 hours ahead.

When I went to retrieve my boarding pass this morning (about 22 hours before my flight), I was in B13. I know A1-15 goes to Business Select, but I have a hard time believing nearly 60 other people got the early bird too. Basically I paid $30 round trip, and the only real benefit is an early check in.

I fly regularly on Southwest, and I usually check in exactly 24 hours before a flight. I rarely get in the A's...and usually it's mid/late B's...so it doesn't surprise me that you have B13. The bright side is you should be able to get your pick of aisle or window.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next