GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 17 18, 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3848 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296 ... 385  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random musings
PostPosted: December 5 17, 8:51 am 
All Hail the New GDT Master

Diddy wrote:
tlombard wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
I haven't been to an Applebees since college I think...and O'Charley's has gone downhill now too. Finding good local spots is pretty much the only way to go nowadays.

I'm by no means a fan of Applebees (haven't been to one in over a year) but they do fill a certain void. If I'm passing through an unfamiliar area and need something decent and quickly I at least know what I'm getting there. I'd rather discover a locally owned place on the way but sometimes a chain is the best option available when you don't have time to do the research or travel far out of your way in an unfamiliar area.

This is what I hate about chains and fast food. I expect to get the same taste and quality regardless of location. Maybe an Applebee’s type chain has some local specialities but I want consistency across locations. The inconsistency is a huge reason I don’t go to many of these types of restaurants. It’s also a big reason that I will look for a Chick-fil-A if I’m looking for fast food. You can pretty much count on Chick-fil-A to be fast, fresh, clean and consistent across all locations.

And they give you free water

PostPosted: December 5 17, 8:52 am 

Michael wrote:
I'm not a snob about much as evidence by my 7-11 pizza post. There is one thing I'm weirdly snobby about - luggage. When I'm in an airport and I see someone hauling around massive cheap looking luggage I throw my nose up in the air. I'm sure cheap luggage makes sense for people who rarely travel, but my god have some pride in yourself.

There's nothing wrong with packing yo drawers in a trash bag and wrapping it up with duct tape.

PostPosted: December 5 17, 8:53 am 
99% conan clips

CardsofSTL wrote:
Michael wrote:
I'm not a snob about much as evidence by my 7-11 pizza post. There is one thing I'm weirdly snobby about - luggage. When I'm in an airport and I see someone hauling around massive cheap looking luggage I throw my nose up in the air. I'm sure cheap luggage makes sense for people who rarely travel, but my god have some pride in yourself.

There's nothing wrong with packing yo drawers in a trash bag and wrapping it up with duct tape.

a lot of people go to college for 7 years

PostPosted: December 5 17, 8:55 am 

Jocephus wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
Michael wrote:

a lot of people go to college for 7 years

Yeah they're called doctors.

PostPosted: December 5 17, 10:40 am 
Perennial All-Star

Shut up, Richard.

PostPosted: December 6 17, 7:17 am 
99% conan clips

i got a jury summons for 1/2/18

f***

PostPosted: December 6 17, 7:31 am 
Perennial All-Star

Jocephus wrote:

f***

That’s my anniversary if it’ll help get you out.

PostPosted: December 6 17, 8:49 am 
99% conan clips

Diddy wrote:
Jocephus wrote:

f***

it says "for the week or a whole trial". i'm nervous because wichita has been getting a lot of murders lately, think we're up to 36 or 38. i just know i'm gonna get one of them. i have to fill out a questionnaire and it gives you an place to say "why you shouldn't be selected"...i'm thinking of writing like, "criminal justice only works for the wealthy, elite and politicians". something like that. a co-worker said her husband had to do it earlier this year and ultimately got selected but she said that they (attorneys) like quiet people so i might make a ruckus too. i keep thinking of tina fey on 30 rock dressing up as princess leia to get out of it once.

PostPosted: December 6 17, 10:13 am 
tl;dr

Andy Griffith was a bad cop. There, I've said it.

An episode came on last week and I was half listening to it while I was getting ready to leave for work and Andy convinced Opie to vandalize some particular property to more or less justify keeping Barney from quitting because Barney felt there was no need for him. I don't know how the episode ended but I'm pretty sure Opie committed a crime, Andy let him get away with it and they kept Barney around on the payroll even though he wasn't needed. I'd say that at some point they probably tried to pin the vandalism on the black guy but I don't think there ever was anybody of color on the show. I've never actually watched more than an episode or two though.

PostPosted: December 6 17, 11:11 am 
Hallelujah Brother

Jocephus wrote:
Diddy wrote:
Jocephus wrote:

f***

it says "for the week or a whole trial". i'm nervous because wichita has been getting a lot of murders lately, think we're up to 36 or 38. i just know i'm gonna get one of them. i have to fill out a questionnaire and it gives you an place to say "why you shouldn't be selected"...i'm thinking of writing like, "criminal justice only works for the wealthy, elite and politicians". something like that. a co-worker said her husband had to do it earlier this year and ultimately got selected but she said that they (attorneys) like quiet people so i might make a ruckus too. i keep thinking of tina fey on 30 rock dressing up as princess leia to get out of it once.

Can I ask why you are dreading it so much? I think it would be kind of fun to serve on a jury. Unfortunately I'll probably never get the chance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3848 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296 ... 385  Next