Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Re: Random musings

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

heyzeus wrote:My 3yo daughter just said "Daddy loves the Cardinals. I do too. It's like people are always playing baseball in my heart."

I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP FEEL FREE TO DIE OF CUTENESS NOW
you hug her and never ever ever ever ever let her go

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Compressor went out on the ac my car. When I took it to the shop it was 102 inside my car. When I picked it up it was 47. That's some good ac.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Amazon has the Panasonic NB-G110P FlashXpress Toaster Oven on sale. It's the greatest toaster oven ever made because you don't have to preheat. It revolutionized my kitchen.

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

Michael wrote:Amazon has the Panasonic NB-G110P FlashXpress Toaster Oven on sale. It's the greatest toaster oven ever made because you don't have to preheat. It revolutionized my kitchen.
I don't have to preheat on my crappy $30 toaster oven either. I just pop stuff in there and turn it on for 5 minutes longer.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Smith Corks One wrote:
Michael wrote:Amazon has the Panasonic NB-G110P FlashXpress Toaster Oven on sale. It's the greatest toaster oven ever made because you don't have to preheat. It revolutionized my kitchen.
I don't have to preheat on my crappy $30 toaster oven either. I just pop stuff in there and turn it on for 5 minutes longer.
I've never understood what people use toaster ovens for.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
Smith Corks One wrote:
I've never understood what people use toaster ovens for.
They're great for things like trader joes personal pizzas. They're also helpful when you're making a big meal and your main oven is tied up.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I should buy a toaster oven. 99% of the time I don't need a full size oven when it is just me. I feel stupid preheating the full size oven just to toss in one or two $0.79 Banquet frozen pot pies. With the mention of pot pies, I should also mention that I don't own a microwave either. I am finally going to give in and put that on a shopping list soon because I'm getting more and more impatient in my old age.

Currently most of my cooking is actually done on either the Opti-Grill (fancy George Foreman) or a counter top induction burner I bought thinking I would use it down at the lake when we camp there but then I realized that I love the thing at home. The induction burner is perfect for frying since you can set the exact temp and not have to guess about turning the burner up and down. I went through a jalapeno popper phase last year and they came out perfect every single time since I didn't have to worry about temperature control. Plus for other stuff you can set the time on it and just let it go. Once the time runs out the burner turns off and you can just let it sit if needed without worrying about it overcooking or burning. The Opti-Grill is the same way with the presets although it won't stop cooking on the beef setting until it hits well done at which point you might as well put ketchup on it because it is ruined anyway.

I'll definitely keep the recommendation for that one in mind when I finally pull the trigger.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Toaster Ovens are teh clutch.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I like chicken

Tim
Consider him admonished