Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
wart57
just can't quit you.

Re: Random musings

Post by wart57 »

cardsfantx wrote:
wart57 wrote:
cardsfantx wrote:looks like you forgot to mention cargo shorts in your prev post!
Cargo shorts when I go out - athletic shorts at home.

I am almost 50. It is all about my own comfort - couldn't care less about the fashion police...
lol i hear ya...been rocking adidas slides since college, and i'm 40. not like around the house (of course i wear them there)...but church and restaurants. and i'm not even sorry.
Besides, where else am I supposed to keep my cell phone since I can't use a belt clip because they are not GRB approved...

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

wart57 wrote:snip

Come at me bro!

FWIW my post wasn't referencing a tee shirt like this. A grown man in a jersey with the player name is what I'm talking about:

Last edited by Michael on August 16 18, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

I'll be in a Gibby jersey tmrw. So what?

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Don't have any jerseys. I'd want and authentic one and can't justify the cost

If I did, it would be from the teams I grew up with - Gibby, Brock, Boyer, Cepeda, Maris. But probably Flood, my childhood favorite. You don't find him in the team store so it would be a custom order and even more $$$. I'd rather put that money in our travel fund.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Michael wrote:
wart57 wrote:snip

Come at me bro!

FWIW my post wasn't referencing a tee shirt like this. A grown man in a jersey with the player name is what I'm talking about:

I really hope those are jorts his jersey is tucked into. He needs to complete the look.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Radbird wrote:Don't have any jerseys. I'd want and authentic one and can't justify the cost

If I did, it would be from the teams I grew up with - Gibby, Brock, Boyer, Cepeda, Maris. But probably Flood, my childhood favorite. You don't find him in the team store so it would be a custom order and even more $$$. I'd rather put that money in our travel fund.
I would love to get a Brock jersey, but my luck with Cards jersey's is stopping me. I don't want him to die.

I would love to get a Coleman one too. I loved stolen bases as a kid. 29 was by baseball number in High School.

Donnie Ebert
Perennial All-Star

Post by Donnie Ebert »

It seems like there is a market for cheap but high quality jerseys.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Do you ever have something happen during the day and you think to yourself, "I'm going to post about 'x' in the random musings thread", but then when you log on you completely forget what it was?

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

stlouie_lipp wrote:Do you ever have something happen during the day and you think to yourself, "I'm going to post about 'x' in the random musings thread", but then when you log on you completely forget what it was?
If I ever did, I forgot.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

stlouie_lipp wrote:Do you ever have something happen during the day and you think to yourself, "I'm going to post about 'x' in the random musings thread", but then when you log on you completely forget what it was?
This happens to me at least once a week. You guys have no idea how many great observations you’ve missed out on. Sometimes I’ll remember it again like a month later and then I have to search my own posts to make sure I didn’t say it already. I...smoke a lot of pot.