GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 20 18, 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3888 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 372, 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378 ... 389  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random musings
PostPosted: August 28 18, 2:48 pm 
All Hail the New GDT Master

wart57 wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
I hired someone last summer and they had asked me about a pre-planned vacation that they were going on about two weeks after the start of their employment. The vacation involved a lot of planning and travel and of course they did not want to just not go. I jokingly replied that they could go so long as they brought me back a snow globe. After their vacation I walked on the job site and was presented with a lovely Las Vegas snow globe. It has been about a year since then; and today I was given snow globe number 14 from an employee who just returned from vacation. The moral of the story is...if you are going to joke about collecting something; don't say snow globes.

That's one that I would be happy to get. Ship it to me wart. I'll send you back some of Columbus' finest cream puffs.

PostPosted: August 28 18, 2:49 pm 
just can't quit you.

CardsofSTL wrote:
wart57 wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
I hired someone last summer and they had asked me about a pre-planned vacation that they were going on about two weeks after the start of their employment. The vacation involved a lot of planning and travel and of course they did not want to just not go. I jokingly replied that they could go so long as they brought me back a snow globe. After their vacation I walked on the job site and was presented with a lovely Las Vegas snow globe. It has been about a year since then; and today I was given snow globe number 14 from an employee who just returned from vacation. The moral of the story is...if you are going to joke about collecting something; don't say snow globes.

That's one that I would be happy to get. Ship it to me wart. I'll send you back some of Columbus' finest cream puffs.

PostPosted: August 28 18, 2:56 pm 
All Hail the New GDT Master

You tease

PostPosted: August 28 18, 4:38 pm 
just can't quit you.

Stacy's Mom really did have it going on....

PostPosted: September 10 18, 1:20 pm 
99% conan clips

a radio ad's been playing a lot lately, for an upcoming hypnosis seminar. that's fine or whatever but they end it with a quote of "almost everybody knows somebody who's been healed by the magic power of hypnosis". always strikes me as an odd declarative.

PostPosted: September 10 18, 2:00 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Jocephus wrote:
a radio ad's been playing a lot lately, for an upcoming hypnosis seminar. that's fine or whatever but they end it with a quote of "almost everybody knows somebody who's been healed by the magic power of hypnosis". always strikes me as an odd declarative.

I don’t understand how radio advertising is allowed to be so heavy with obvious scams and false claims. Listen to any conservative talk radio show and it’s a good 50% of the commercials.

PostPosted: September 10 18, 2:09 pm 
99% conan clips

ghostrunner wrote:
Jocephus wrote:

I don’t understand how radio advertising is allowed to be so heavy with obvious scams and false claims. Listen to any conservative talk radio show and it’s a good 50% of the commercials.

fwiw, this was on sports radio during the jim rome show (but it was a local radio announcers voice i hear often doing the ad)

PostPosted: September 10 18, 2:16 pm 
just can't quit you.

Jocephus wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
Jocephus wrote:

fwiw, this was on sports radio during the jim rome show (but it was a local radio announcers voice i hear often doing the ad)

They were trying to hypnotize you....

PostPosted: September 11 18, 6:39 am 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

hypnosis is very weird; how do it work?

PostPosted: September 11 18, 6:44 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

I just dreamed that i was picking at a zit like inflamed bump and squeezed out a white blob that was at the center of it. Except it wasn’t just one white blob, a string of them kept coming and coming. I was like WTF do i do now. Wake up was the correct answer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3888 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 372, 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378 ... 389  Next