I'm paying you money, so do what I say

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Post by lukethedrifter »

docellis wrote:The girl I go to gives me a head massage too (and I've been to other higher end salons where they did this also)...on one hand, it feels really great. On the other hand I sorta feel like I am being flirted with. On the third hand I feel manipulated because this affection is to get a big tip.
Is it wrong that this really turns me on?

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

mikechamp wrote:
Michael wrote:barber shopping? 40 bucks? mike is a foofoo nancy-boy. :wink:
Then what does that make G. Keenan? Maybe we should start calling him "G.....Q".

Mine is pretty attractive too, but she only gets 20%.

Gk's nancy-boy behavior is well documented. Yours on the other hand is shocking. Shocking!

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

lukethedrifter wrote:She was a not so great at first but now I look fabulous.
LOL

Do guys really hand a slip of paper to whoever cuts their hair like a short order cook?

arnie.k
All-Star

Post by arnie.k »

Tambourine Man wrote:
arnie.k wrote:
Tambourine Man wrote:
arnie.k wrote:man, i wish i could still get haircuts :)
Nah, I like my barber.

ImageImage

weird, i live on the other side of the world, and we have the same barber? i don't get how that's possible :)
I hate when he nicks my ear...bleeds forever.
i have a scar on the top of my head - 5 stitches from when i was young and reckless (that's a euphemism for clumsy) - and for some reason he never remembers it's there, and always nicks it :(

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

planet pujolsian wrote:Do guys really hand a slip of paper to whoever cuts their hair like a short order cook?
I don't know about that, but the whole time I've been going to get haircuts it's been searching for the guy that will do it how I want, and all I have to do is basically grunt. It's quite a trial and error process for me. I moved away from the last person like this, and unfortunately the Chicago version of that guy wasn't around today. I knew I made a big mistake.

It's hell of earth to say, "Uh, you know those scissors that make your hair kind of different lengths, so I can kind of wear it messy?" I'd rather shoot myself. I just want to sit down and the guy say something about the weather, and then magic up what I want. I think that's what we're all searching for.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Michael wrote:
mikechamp wrote:
Michael wrote:barber shopping? 40 bucks? mike is a foofoo nancy-boy. :wink:
Then what does that make G. Keenan? Maybe we should start calling him "G.....Q".

Mine is pretty attractive too, but she only gets 20%.

Gk's nancy-boy behavior is well documented. Yours on the other hand is shocking. Shocking!
I'm sorry to have disappointed you.

I will attempt to make up for it by having a pork steak for dinner while watching the Cardinals game.

(Yeah, I had a local butcher slice me some over the weekend so I could BBQ 'em and then Maull 'em.)

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I am torn between going where I normally go (Hair Saloon for Men), or to luke's "Gus the barber".

Gus the barber would probably cut my hair just as well, and for a lot cheaper.

But for the additional $10 or so at Hair Saloon, they shampoo and rinse, plus you get a soda, shoes shined, hot towel, etc. This is an important consideration for me, because I usually get my hair cut during lunch and don't want to be shedding hair clippings the rest of the afternoon.

Maybe I'll just start going to Gus after work.

--P--

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

I'd like to find someone to cut my hair who tells me how it ought to be cut.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

haltz wrote:[It's hell of earth to say, "Uh, you know those scissors that make your hair kind of different lengths, so I can kind of wear it messy?" I'd rather shoot myself.
I believe that's called "textured."
Arthur Dent wrote:I'd like to find someone to cut my hair who tells me how it ought to be cut.
Do a bit of internet research and find a salon in Austin that has a good reputation and experienced stylists. Grow your hair out for a little bit longer than you usually would. Then, go in, tell them you want them to do whatever they want, that you're willing to try something new, and let them have at it. You might like it. If not, it'll always grow back.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

G. Keenan wrote:I believe that's called "textured."
Oh. Well, I'm definitely not going to say that either.