Netflix

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Netflix

Post by planet planet »

There was a rant on this probably a year ago, but I'm not going to dig it up. Has anyone with Netflix been having their movies delayed to them lately? I know they've been known to do that when you return them quickly to avoid paying extra shipping. I still think it sucks. Why call it 3 or 4 at a time unlimited? Why not just advertise the maximum per month they're willing to send you? And I hate that you can't drop them an e-mail to confirm that they are in fact delaying the movies on purpose. I've been a customer since '02 and I'm only a heavy user in the winter for three mos. a year.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Re: Netflix

Post by JL21 »

I've had it happen twice. Once was in November, and sure enough, I'd ripped through a TON of movies in October.

The other time was just a few weeks ago, right around Christmas. I can forgive that one because it was around the holidays.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

I just posted this in another topic in social but it has to do w/ Netflix as well.

I would always check out the newest dvd releases on netflix by the "releasing this week" option. From what I can see they've gotten rid of that. Is there something I'm missing, can someone w/ a netflix membership tell me how to find the movies that released this week now.

I don't have the problem that you're having but I probably don't watch as many. I normally keep mine on average about 3-5 days.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

cardinalkarp wrote:I just posted this in another topic in social but it has to do w/ Netflix as well.

I would always check out the newest dvd releases on netflix by the "releasing this week" option. From what I can see they've gotten rid of that. Is there something I'm missing, can someone w/ a netflix membership tell me how to find the movies that released this week now.

I don't have the problem that you're having but I probably don't watch as many. I normally keep mine on average about 3-5 days.
Here's those links:

The main new release page:
http://www.netflix.com/MoreNewReleases? ... ewReleases

Releasing this week:
http://www.netflix.com/AllNewReleases?l ... ewReleases

New on DVD:
http://www.netflix.com/MoreNowOnDVD?lnkctr=NavNowOnDVD

omaha_red
Hall Of Famer

Post by omaha_red »

this has never really happened to me.. ever.. and i watch a lot of movies.. especially
in the winter..

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

Sweet, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!

clevername
Bringer of FRBG

Post by clevername »

yeah, I've never had this happen even when I'm cycling through movies at a good clip.

Simbagal23
All-Star

Post by Simbagal23 »

cardinalkarp wrote:I just posted this in another topic in social but it has to do w/ Netflix as well.

I found this statment from Netflix on another blogsite:
I contacted Netflix about this and asked them a) why they changed the section; and b) whether they've heard similar complaints from members. Here is what a spokesman said:

"Netflix made the change on the New Releases section for the benefit of the majority of members realizing that a few will express some confusion or concern. The change is designed to give more people more and faster access to more new releases than before.

"Because the site design to accomplish this required the removal of one page, some folks are missing a feature they previously used to find new movies. They’ve been vocal about it -- and we appreciate their feedback. However, we need to take into account what’s best for the majority when making decisions about site layout and design. Before we made the change, we showed the new site design to tens of thousands of Netflix members over many months. The vast majority of members preferred the new layout to get more new releases faster and easier. Most people, in fact, had never used the page that we removed."

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

Simbagal23 wrote:

I contacted Netflix about this and asked them a) why they changed the section; and b) whether they've heard similar complaints from members. Here is what a spokesman said:

"Netflix made the change on the New Releases section for the benefit of the majority of members realizing that a few will express some confusion or concern. The change is designed to give more people more and faster access to more new releases than before.

"Because the site design to accomplish this required the removal of one page, some folks are missing a feature they previously used to find new movies. They’ve been vocal about it -- and we appreciate their feedback. However, we need to take into account what’s best for the majority when making decisions about site layout and design. Before we made the change, we showed the new site design to tens of thousands of Netflix members over many months. The vast majority of members preferred the new layout to get more new releases faster and easier. Most people, in fact, had never used the page that we removed."
So basically if you don't show members what movies came out that week they won't realize that they came out and won't rent them, thus making them more readily available. Great concept. :?

I used the link in this thread (and it worked perfectly), so I just emailed it to myself and will use that from now often.

When I look at new releases I don't want to see movies that have been out for months.

Simbagal23
All-Star

Post by Simbagal23 »

cardinalkarp wrote:
Simbagal23 wrote:

So basically if you don't show members what movies came out that week they won't realize that they came out and won't rent them, thus making them more readily available. Great concept. :?

I used the link in this thread (and it worked perfectly), so I just emailed it to myself and will use that from now often.

When I look at new releases I don't want to see movies that have been out for months.
I don't use Netflix but it sounds pretty stupid to me. I use On Demand and they have a tab for "New Releases" (everything in the past few months) and one called something like "Just Released" (which are movies that have just gone to DVD). On Demand allegedly now has movies the same day they are released on DVD.....I used to have to wait a week or so.