Netflix

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Re: Netflix

Post by planet planet »

clevername wrote:yeah, I've never had this happen even when I'm cycling through movies at a good clip.
They're tagging at least a day to every movie they send me now. My rant was because there's no way to contact them and ask them why the slowdown. clever and omaha, do you have 4 at a time? I used to have that in the non-baseball season and I never had this problem. 3 at a time is usually only a problem on the weekends now. I don't watch TV except for the news/sports which is why I burn through them pretty quickly.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

What's your standard turnaround time? So... if you drop something in the mail today, when will you get your next one?

clevername
Bringer of FRBG

Post by clevername »

I'm on the 3 at a time plan.

My typical turnaround time is 3-4 days. I put one in the mail today and I'll try to remember to post when I get the next one (though the next on my que is currently a "long wait" one). I'm hoping to get it this weekend.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

clevername wrote:I'm on the 3 at a time plan.

My typical turnaround time is 3-4 days. I put one in the mail today and I'll try to remember to post when I get the next one (though the next on my que is currently a "long wait" one). I'm hoping to get it this weekend.
If its a "long wait" one they'll skip it and send you the next in line. That's been pissing me off as well, I would rather wait till you get that in than keep sending me the next one which just further delays me getting that movie.

clevername
Bringer of FRBG

Post by clevername »

I don't now. My last long wait one was The Simpsons movie blu ray and they ended up sending that to me within a day of when they received the one I returned.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

RC21* wrote:What's your standard turnaround time? So... if you drop something in the mail today, when will you get your next one?
OK, reading clever's comments, maybe I'm spoiled, but STL has a distribution center. So I used to send it back today and get one on Fri. Now I'd be lucky if I get it by Sat. (because they always rip you off on Sat. and don't say they've received the movie you sent back on Fri.). One day to receive it and you receive one the next day is how it was working for years.

And karp, why would you rather wait than just have the next movie on your queue sent to you? Some of these, like The Wire and Flight of the Conchords you'll be waiting on forever.

omaha_red
Hall Of Famer

Post by omaha_red »

RC21* wrote:What's your standard turnaround time? So... if you drop something in the mail today, when will you get your next one?

if i put one in the mail today (wednesday) i'll get a new one friday everytime...
UNLESS it states that it's being sent from a different hub.. we have a netflix
in omaha.. which i'm sure you have several in st. louis.. so that helps..

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

planet pujolsian wrote:
OK, reading clever's comments, maybe I'm spoiled, but STL has a distribution center. So I used to send it back today and get one on Fri. Now I'd be lucky if I get it by Sat. (because they always rip you off on Sat. and don't say they've received the movie you sent back on Fri.). One day to receive it and you receive one the next day is how it was working for years.

And karp, why would you rather wait than just have the next movie on your queue sent to you? Some of these, like The Wire and Flight of the Conchords you'll be waiting on forever.
I guess it just depends on what the movie is. I had the Bourne Ultimatim (in HD and it was a "very long wait") on my list for over two weeks, I wanted to see it right when it came out but they kept sending me the next one on my list. If I always have another movie how will they send that when they get one in if I already have my two alotted movies?

I don't always have to have a movie at my house, sometimes I would rather see one I really want to see as opposed to one that just "looks ok" so I put it in my queue.

clevername
Bringer of FRBG

Post by clevername »

I should note that around half the time I get similar ship times as you guys are...put it in the mail today, get the next one on Friday. I had similar results while I was in Little Rock.

I'll often get them on Saturdays, as well. Rarely will it stretch into the next week if I sent one back on Wednesday and I've always thought those times are more likely to be the Post Office's fault than Netflix.

I don't doubt that they have a strategy in place to limit the limitless rentals, though. I'm sure they have choke points set up.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

planet pujolsian wrote:
I think their shipping centers are closed on Saturday. Otherwise, your situtation is the same as mine unless (as omaha says) they have to mail it from somewhere else. That doesn't happen too often. Maybe once a month.