Netflix

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Re: Netflix

Post by planet planet »

So I'm starting to have a love/hate relationship with Netflix. Why does it take a month and a half to get a new release? In the meantime, I'm stuck watching movies like Breaking and Entering and Come Early Morning. I'm quite certain I won't have this problem come baseball season, but right now it sucks.

fulldeck
Perennial All-Star

Post by fulldeck »

I am on the two at a time option and I haven't had any problems yet. The only time I have noticed an extra day being tacked onto my ship time is when I drop off the mailer at work instead of at the post office.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

I've been doing okay with new stuff.

Weird thing happened a couple of weeks ago though. Shaun of the Dead was in my queue, and it was supposedly sent, but then it showed up returned a couple days later without ever having reached me. First time that's ever happened.

clevername
Bringer of FRBG

Post by clevername »

it's impossible to get new Blu Rays or HD-DVD's. It's killing me. I don't want to settle for the standard def versions, so I'm stuck getting dvd's from lower on my list. My top 6 are blu ray and all are long to very long wait. They've all been up there for weeks. They don't even try to wait...when I return my dvd they ship out the next one the same day, which is fine except I have 6 movies at the top of my frigging priority list they keep ignoring instead of actually waiting a day to see if they become available.

It's very frustrating.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

clevername wrote:it's impossible to get new Blu Rays or HD-DVD's. It's killing me. I don't want to settle for the standard def versions, so I'm stuck getting dvd's from lower on my list. My top 6 are blu ray and all are long to very long wait. They've all been up there for weeks. They don't even try to wait...when I return my dvd they ship out the next one the same day, which is fine except I have 6 movies at the top of my frigging priority list they keep ignoring instead of actually waiting a day to see if they become available.

It's very frustrating.
Exactly how I feel. What's the point of having these HD-DVD's/Blu Rays if you can't ever get them. What do these people watching the movies do, hold them for weeks.

They just sent me an email saying that they will no longer rent HD-DVD's, which again I don't understand. They said any HD-DVD in my queue will be turned to standard def, what are they doing w/ the HD-DVD's?

clevername
Bringer of FRBG

Post by clevername »

I've been hoping they'd sell them to us at big discounts, like they do with the dvd's. I haven't heard anything about that, though.

They had said they would be phasing the HD-DVD's out in March a little bit before the big announcement that HD-DVD was dead.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

clevername wrote:I've been hoping they'd sell them to us at big discounts, like they do with the dvd's. I haven't heard anything about that, though.

They had said they would be phasing the HD-DVD's out in March a little bit before the big announcement that HD-DVD was dead.
I called them asked them about this and they said they would probably be selling off their inventory in about 6 months.

I don't get that either, if they're turning all my HD-DVD's to standard def (which means they aren't renting them) what are they doing w/ the HD-DVD's?

omaha_red
Hall Of Famer

Post by omaha_red »

Last edited by omaha_red on March 3 08, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

clevername
Bringer of FRBG

Post by clevername »

The same Netflix formula also shoves Villanueva to the back of the line for the most-wanted DVDs, so the service can send those popular flicks to new subscribers and infrequent renters.
That explains a lot and really makes me mad. Perhaps I should just continually sign up and cancel each month so I can get the dvd's I want.

I realize they want to do everything they can to get new subscribers to stay with the service, but loyalty to their long time subscribers should be high on their list, as well. What good is keeping them if you aggravate them to the point of cancelling later?

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

going up a dollar per month.