United Airlines is Teh Suckest

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Hungary Jack
Mother Earth

United Airlines is Teh Suckest

Post by Hungary Jack »

I upheld my end of the bargain: Got to O'Hare at 5am for a 7am flight to Denver; read the safety instruction card in the seat pocket in front of me; turned off electronic devices as instructed; and made my connection to Aspen.

But my luggage did not. And a perfectly good half-day of skiing on Saturday went to waste. Such a shame.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Re: United Airlines is Teh Suckest

Post by planet planet »

Argghh, delayed/lost luggage is the worst! Unfortunately, St. Louisans will encounter this more frequently, since direct flights are less likely to come by.

Simbagal23
All-Star

Post by Simbagal23 »

I submit that Delta is the worst....constant delays; refusal to upgrade a person even if they bought an upgradable ticket, have the miles to cash in for the upgrade and there are plenty of open seats in business class; some of the rudest check-in people and flight attendants on the face of the earth; lost luggage on a business trip and they offer a $25 clothing allowance (for a 3 day business trip/meetings); etc. etc. etc. Although we live in ATL, we avoid Delta at all costs....I detest Delta.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

Hungary Jack wrote:I upheld my end of the bargain: Got to O'Hare at 5am for a 7am flight to Denver; read the safety instruction card in the seat pocket in front of me; turned off electronic devices as instructed; and made my connection to Aspen.

But my luggage did not. And a perfectly good half-day of skiing on Saturday went to waste. Such a shame.
I agree, I had a similar rant about a year ago. Me and my wife went to the Virgin Islands for our anniversary (on a Sunday) and our luggage arrived oh about......WEDNESDAY!!

F United airlines. Oh yeah, and I'll never fly through O'Hare again, hands down one of the most incompentent airports in the US. If you fly through there its either a) guaranteed delay b) lost luggage c) flight cancelled.

Swatcat27
All-Star

Post by Swatcat27 »

Simbagal23 wrote:I submit that Delta is the worst....constant delays; refusal to upgrade a person even if they bought an upgradable ticket, have the miles to cash in for the upgrade and there are plenty of open seats in business class; some of the rudest check-in people and flight attendants on the face of the earth; lost luggage on a business trip and they offer a $25 clothing allowance (for a 3 day business trip/meetings); etc. etc. etc. Although we live in ATL, we avoid Delta at all costs....I detest Delta.
++
Recent bad experience on Delta on my trip to India. The flight from NY was 2 hours late due to de-icing taking so long. The delta connection from Paris thought it was okay to strand 20 people who were issued boarding cards...didnt wait for 30 mins. re-routed us to Dubai, promised bags were onboard. No food arrangements in Dubai, only accomodation. And true to form, none of the bags made it to India. Apparently, when we are in the 3rd world, service also becomes 3rd world. They said no home deliveries of bags. The passenger needs to come in person to collect it...No timeframes given when they will make it. Mind you, there were people who lived 300 miles from the airport. Dont care, you go to drive back to the airport if you need your bags. Finally after 3 days & cancelled plans, we got our bags. On the flight back, my wife didnt get her Kosher meal. When she showed the itinerary showing the special meal request, she was rudely told that Delta-Air france manifest shows differently. This was after confirming for the special meal 2 times before we left.

For all the trouble, we got 400$ voucher on delta.com. This is equivalent to $25 considering the ridiculously high ticket prices there. Never again, on Delta.

Hungary Jack
Mother Earth

Post by Hungary Jack »

cardinalkarp wrote:
Hungary Jack wrote:I upheld my end of the bargain: Got to O'Hare at 5am for a 7am flight to Denver; read the safety instruction card in the seat pocket in front of me; turned off electronic devices as instructed; and made my connection to Aspen.

I agree, I had a similar rant about a year ago. Me and my wife went to the Virgin Islands for our anniversary (on a Sunday) and our luggage arrived oh about......WEDNESDAY!!

F United airlines. Oh yeah, and I'll never fly through O'Hare again, hands down one of the most incompentent airports in the US. If you fly through there its either a) guaranteed delay b) lost luggage c) flight cancelled.
If you look up "clusterf##k in the dictionary, you see a picture of the control tower at O'Hare field.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

What's with all the O'Hare bashing? I've always had good experiences there.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

G. Keenan wrote:What's with all the O'Hare bashing? I've always had good experiences there.

Consider yourself lucky.

Molly
Perennial All-Star

Post by Molly »

Hubby and I got to fly to Seattle thanks to United. We were flying to Chicago for the Cards/Cubs series. The Friday flight was overbooked so we were asked if we would be willing to take a later flight. When we told them we would miss Friday's game if we took a later flight they offered 2 free RT tickets to anywere in the continental U.S. We jumped on the offer & missed Friday's game. We got our money's worth by flying as far as we could. Plus we took an overnight ferry to Victoria, BC. Best vacation we ever had!

Of course this was in 1990 :wink:

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

cardinalkarp wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:What's with all the O'Hare bashing? I've always had good experiences there.
Consider yourself lucky.
++

I consider it a given my flight will be delayed at least 15 minutes when going to/from ORD. It could be windy, rainy, snowy, foggy, sunny, cloudy, icy, air traffic, missing crew, broken chair, odd numbered day, broken lightbulb, crew out of service hours, even-numbered day, no gate available to park plane, day that ends with the letters d-a-y, etc. There's always a reason given.

I have since dubbed it: The O'Hare Delay. Just tack on 15 minutes to your arrival or departure time, and the new time will be more accurate than the time on your ticket.

Not that I complain. Now that I understand the existence of The O'Hare Delay, I sit back and am amused at all the other passengers who haven't experienced this very reliable event and get hacked off at the airlines.

I also know the antidote to The O'Hare Delay: a mental distraction. Might be a good book, an iPod, a DVD player, computer game, Sodoku, crossword puzzle, knitting, whittling, texting, eating, etc. Anything you enjoy to pass the time you will inevitably have on your hands when The O'Hare Delay hits.

(This public service message brought to you by the experience travelers of the mikechamp family.)