-Pastrami
-Pepperoni
-Bacon
-Hot Pepper Cheese
-Havarti
-Garlic Cream Cheese
-Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

It's heaven.
Oh, man....I'd be on that faster than a hobo on a ham sandwhich.

The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.

Re: Rave: The Legend Club at Legrands

Post by The Third Man »

I would eat that thing out of a trash can like George Costanza.

Then again this weekend I was so drunk I did the same thing with a half-eaten McChicken so that's not saying much.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

lukethedrifter wrote:
haltz wrote:Anyone been to Riverbend in Soulard? Cajun, creole, po'boys etc. I've heard really good things.
Went about a year ago. Don't recall what I had and haven't been back. Tells me something. Maybe it was red beans and rice and they were fine but certainly not fantastic. Or maybe something else.
Did you go to Riverbend since then, haltz? I love it! The owners are welcoming, the food is amazing, and the vibe is very laid back. I'm a fan of the crab claws and Mardi Gras pasta.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Guess what sandwich is a #1 seed in the St Louis Sandwich Tournament?

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/d ... 1e537.html

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

I want to try all of those. Or... I want to try the appx. 50 to 55 that I haven't already tried.

Of the STL institution sandwiches I've tried, that bracket seems upside down.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

think i need to try that kopperman's brisket and beef tongue.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

How does the King Louie from Tom Jon's never get any love? I know I've mentioned it a few times here but I don't think anyone else has even tried it which is a shame. It may not be the absolute best sandwich in town but it deserves to be at least mentioned in that top tier as far as I'm concerned.

It is a bit difficult to get your hands on one though. They are on Choteau between Jefferson and Grand so they aren't downtown or an area where people hang out or live. They have no seating inside. They are only open 11-2 or 3, Monday through Friday. Still, make the time to give it a try one day. You won't regret it.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

tlombard wrote:How does the King Louie from Tom Jon's never get any love? I know I've mentioned it a few times here but I don't think anyone else has even tried it which is a shame. It may not be the absolute best sandwich in town but it deserves to be at least mentioned in that top tier as far as I'm concerned.

It is a bit difficult to get your hands on one though. They are on Choteau between Jefferson and Grand so they aren't downtown or an area where people hang out or live. They have no seating inside. They are only open 11-2 or 3, Monday through Friday. Still, make the time to give it a try one day. You won't regret it.
Those hours are probably the main reason.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

The hours are definitely a huge problem. I work right around the corner and I rarely get there. Of course that is mainly because I don't drive to work. I'd be there once a week otherwise.

The second biggest problem has to be the no-weekends part. I would love to be able to grab one on my way to the ballpark before a Saturday game and from where I live, it wouldn't even have to go a block out of the way. But that isn't an option.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

lukethedrifter wrote:Guess what sandwich is a #1 seed in the St Louis Sandwich Tournament?

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/d ... 1e537.html
I just did the chorihuevo torta at Mission Taco.

Wow.