cancer

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Hungary Jack
Mother Earth

Re: cancer

Post by Hungary Jack »

Sorry to hear about this ts. My best wishes to you and your wife for a full recovery.

tscards
Veteran Player

Post by tscards »

Thanks everyone for the nice wishes!!

There's no easy answer to this debate at all - if/once it hits you personally, obviously you feel much stronger.

We meet with an oncologist in a couple of weeks & likely some chemo in the future. Her surgeon said that the size of the tumor would mean chemo. She's prepared though & just wants it done!

I plan on shaving my hair when she does -- she's already planned a possible wig making out of her hair by her close stylist friend.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

How is everything going with your wife, ts?

I wanted to post a $50k publishing grant contest from Pepsi for my friend Stefanie I mentioned earlier in this thread. It's a children's book explaining cancer to affected kids.

Please vote!

tscards
Veteran Player

Post by tscards »

planet pujolsian wrote:How is everything going with your wife, ts?

I wanted to post a $50k publishing grant contest from Pepsi for my friend Stefanie I mentioned earlier in this thread. It's a children's book explaining cancer to affected kids.

Please vote!
Thanks for asking! She's actually doing really well. Finished last round of chemo (4th one) last week. Very tired, which gets worse with each chemo. Nausea has been not too bad & meds have helped with that. We have an appt tomorrow with a Radiation Oncologist to determine if radiation treatments are recommended or not. We're thinking not at this point, which would be great! Then, just need to restart the reconstruction & probably finish with that surgery around August. Been going so fast....which I think is a very good thing!!!

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

tscards wrote:
planet pujolsian wrote:How is everything going with your wife, ts?

Please vote!
Thanks for asking! She's actually doing really well. Finished last round of chemo (4th one) last week. Very tired, which gets worse with each chemo. Nausea has been not too bad & meds have helped with that. We have an appt tomorrow with a Radiation Oncologist to determine if radiation treatments are recommended or not. We're thinking not at this point, which would be great! Then, just need to restart the reconstruction & probably finish with that surgery around August. Been going so fast....which I think is a very good thing!!!
Dude, that is such great news! I'm so happy for you and your family!

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Great news, ts. Thanks for updating us.

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

Good news,TS.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

JackofDiamonds wrote:Good news,TS.
++

tscards
Veteran Player

Post by tscards »

Just got back from the Radiation Onco appt & NO radiation! Wohooo! The Dr. didn't see much of a benefit, with what she's done already & size of tumor.......

Thus, back to fills for the reconstruction.

Trying to vote for the book publishing, but keep getting locked up - ugh!!!

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

tscards wrote:Just got back from the Radiation Onco appt & NO radiation! Wohooo! The Dr. didn't see much of a benefit, with what she's done already & size of tumor.......

Thus, back to fills for the reconstruction.

Trying to vote for the book publishing, but keep getting locked up - ugh!!!
Excellent news! The worst is over!