GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 24 19, 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 28  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: cancer
PostPosted: December 3 09, 10:03 pm 
Offline
Mother Earth
User avatar

Joined: July 24 06, 6:03 am
Posts: 19542
Location: In Cognito
Sorry to hear about this ts. My best wishes to you and your wife for a full recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: cancer
PostPosted: December 4 09, 10:29 am 
Offline
Veteran Player

Joined: April 20 06, 6:28 pm
Posts: 1233
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks everyone for the nice wishes!!

There's no easy answer to this debate at all - if/once it hits you personally, obviously you feel much stronger.

We meet with an oncologist in a couple of weeks & likely some chemo in the future. Her surgeon said that the size of the tumor would mean chemo. She's prepared though & just wants it done!

I plan on shaving my hair when she does -- she's already planned a possible wig making out of her hair by her close stylist friend.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: cancer
PostPosted: March 10 10, 10:57 am 
Offline
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Joined: April 15 06, 6:25 pm
Posts: 24834
Location: St. Louis
How is everything going with your wife, ts?

I wanted to post a $50k publishing grant contest from Pepsi for my friend Stefanie I mentioned earlier in this thread. It's a children's book explaining cancer to affected kids.

Please vote!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: cancer
PostPosted: March 10 10, 11:31 am 
Offline
Veteran Player

Joined: April 20 06, 6:28 pm
Posts: 1233
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
planet pujolsian wrote:
How is everything going with your wife, ts?

I wanted to post a $50k publishing grant contest from Pepsi for my friend Stefanie I mentioned earlier in this thread. It's a children's book explaining cancer to affected kids.

Please vote!


Thanks for asking! She's actually doing really well. Finished last round of chemo (4th one) last week. Very tired, which gets worse with each chemo. Nausea has been not too bad & meds have helped with that. We have an appt tomorrow with a Radiation Oncologist to determine if radiation treatments are recommended or not. We're thinking not at this point, which would be great! Then, just need to restart the reconstruction & probably finish with that surgery around August. Been going so fast....which I think is a very good thing!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: cancer
PostPosted: March 10 10, 11:42 am 
Offline
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Joined: June 9 06, 3:51 pm
Posts: 8518
tscards wrote:
planet pujolsian wrote:
How is everything going with your wife, ts?

I wanted to post a $50k publishing grant contest from Pepsi for my friend Stefanie I mentioned earlier in this thread. It's a children's book explaining cancer to affected kids.

Please vote!


Thanks for asking! She's actually doing really well. Finished last round of chemo (4th one) last week. Very tired, which gets worse with each chemo. Nausea has been not too bad & meds have helped with that. We have an appt tomorrow with a Radiation Oncologist to determine if radiation treatments are recommended or not. We're thinking not at this point, which would be great! Then, just need to restart the reconstruction & probably finish with that surgery around August. Been going so fast....which I think is a very good thing!!!


Dude, that is such great news! I'm so happy for you and your family!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: cancer
PostPosted: March 10 10, 2:54 pm 
Offline
There's someone in my head but it's not me
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Posts: 43640
Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.
Great news, ts. Thanks for updating us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: cancer
PostPosted: March 10 10, 2:57 pm 
Offline
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls
User avatar

Joined: April 16 06, 9:15 pm
Posts: 15052
Good news,TS.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: cancer
PostPosted: March 10 10, 3:05 pm 
Offline
99% conan clips
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Posts: 55059
JackofDiamonds wrote:
Good news,TS.


++


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: cancer
PostPosted: March 11 10, 12:46 pm 
Offline
Veteran Player

Joined: April 20 06, 6:28 pm
Posts: 1233
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Just got back from the Radiation Onco appt & NO radiation! Wohooo! The Dr. didn't see much of a benefit, with what she's done already & size of tumor.......

Thus, back to fills for the reconstruction.

Trying to vote for the book publishing, but keep getting locked up - ugh!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: cancer
PostPosted: March 11 10, 12:51 pm 
Offline
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Joined: April 15 06, 6:25 pm
Posts: 24834
Location: St. Louis
tscards wrote:
Just got back from the Radiation Onco appt & NO radiation! Wohooo! The Dr. didn't see much of a benefit, with what she's done already & size of tumor.......

Thus, back to fills for the reconstruction.

Trying to vote for the book publishing, but keep getting locked up - ugh!!!


Excellent news! The worst is over!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 28  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group