Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Re: Newly elect Gov. Scott Walker (WI)

Post by Freed Roger »

robbotis wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
[/youtube]
A perfect clip. Walker is freakin nuts.
He's presidential candidate-level crazy.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

My brother keeps me posted with the noble Recall Scott Walker efforts. And I thought he was [expletive] me when he copied me on his letter to Tristar Products that he concludes like this:
Before my friends or I ever consider purchasing one of Tristar's products (like the Ab products, Banjo Minnow, Coin Map, Contour Cloud, EuroSealer, Flat Hose, Hook N Hang, Lateral Thigh Trainer, Jack LaLannes’s Power Juicer, SQV Ladder, Absolute Frizz Control, Air Climber, Cami Shaper, Genie Bra, Great Hair Day, HealthMaster, HealthMaster Elite, Milana Bra, Pressure Cooker, Power Juicers, Right to Bare Legs, Rack Workout or the Turbo Tiger), we'd like an explanation of Mr. Rebholz's insensitive comments. We'd like to know how such reckless rhetoric is acceptable in these tough times.
but he wasn't kidding. These guys are hogging all the Good Ideas.
http://www.tristarproductsinc.com/our-products/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... scWf1Mf1zg

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Astounding!

UK
Perennial All-Star

Post by UK »

It's getting interesting here in WI.

They're in the process of verifying signatures, the GAB (gov't accountability board) decided not to publish the names avail. to the public.

Personally, I believe in more transparency and signatures should be made public but with street addresses blocked out automatically.

Also, anyone who contributes more than 50.00 (not 100) should have their name and city/st made public as well as to whom they are donating. I think out of state donations should be illegal. The WI GOP doesn't like Senate Bill 292 and yet they want full disclosure here? Hypocritical dopes.

Unfort. the Democrats do not have a strong candidate as of yet to combat Walker, I'm hoping for Feingold but it doesn't he is interested.

I support the recall but I also support putting a similar bill to vote like they did Ohio with the SB 5 rather than a forced enema by greed intoxicated imbeciles know as the Wisconsin GOP. The state's voters should decide collective bargaining not corrupt and bribed politicians. Either way, the majority have not had their voice heard from either side and in these difficult times concessions should be explored. Of course, given their attempts and success at voter ID laws as well as restructuring of congressional boundaries to favor candidates, the GOP likely has union busting as a way to lose typically democratic union vote more so than any other agenda.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

UK, sadly not sure I'd trust state voters much more than bribed corrupted officials with issues such as collective bargaining. In divided states such as WI, the 6% undecided that swing the elections are typically dumbasses, easily swayed by the outstate gadzillionaire donators to the GOP i.e. "Hey look at all these benefits that teachers get that you don't! And summers off too! Grab your torches and pitchforks!"

The concession process was in the works before Walker took office -sister-in-law took a $4K pay cut prior to the Walker vendetta. My brothers are in a different SD than her - their union struck a favorable contract for teachers a few years ago -ironically approved under the same school board pres. (A Walker stalwart) that now wants them to reopen the contract. For which the union answer has to be NO -renegotiating a contract with a dishonest broker is never wise - especially since they are set to get clobbered when the contract runs out in a year or so.

Also sounds like charges/arrests of Walker's associates for stealing, child enticement, campaigning fo Walker using govt resources is circling closer and closer to Walker himself. Foremost, his bad policies and blatant cronyism etc should be what gets him booted, but the smoking gun illegal stuff is what people tend to look at more.

UK
Perennial All-Star

Post by UK »

I would trust the voters to do what they did in OH. Had Walker tried to campaign with ending the CBA, its obvious he wouldve lost. Believe me, I'm all for CBAs remaining.

I just want more power for the people, like the mining in the Northern part of the state. There should be an independent enviromental review combined with a vote of the various counties and Indian tribes to vote yes or no whether or not the 700 or so added jobs and revenue is worth the potential enviromental and water table damage, some representative in Beloit shouldn't have a greater say than a resident of the area.

Its obvious this is going to be a dogfight once the election begins, I just want some democracy back in the state.

UK
Perennial All-Star

Post by UK »

Freed, here's a good article on the Walker corruption. I hope this gains momentum & given everything that has happened, (with a strong candidate) I think it would take him down.

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2012/01/112 ... lker-staff

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

UK wrote:Freed, here's a good article on the Walker corruption. I hope this gains momentum & given everything that has happened, (with a strong candidate) I think it would take him down.

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2012/01/112 ... lker-staff
There was/is a whole lot of corruption, in various ways. Why is Walker emailing the Russell guy telling him to reign in the staff regarding using govt resources for his campaign, when Russell isn't even in charge of that govt staff he's asking to reign in? The only reason he'd be addressing Russell would be because they had a network of illegal side [expletive] they were doing, and Russell was in charge of it, and Walker knew it.

Anyway, my preference is that the Recall Walker people don't rely too much on the illegal stuff that Walker and cronies did for campaign purposes. Don't expect to find a smoking gun, let the legal stuff come out in the natural course. They should be able to defeat him on issues. In this day and age, voters are so accustomed to hearing campaigns call the other side corrupt, that they tend to tune it out as just campaigning as usual.

What's the word on a candidate? Hopefully they can do better than Falk.

UK
Perennial All-Star

Post by UK »

Nothing new, Falk is one of the leaders right now. She's backed by the unions. Feingold isn't running, I'm hoping for Barca.