Newly elect Gov. Scott Walker (WI)

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Re: Newly elect Gov. Scott Walker (WI)

Post by pioneer98 »

IMADreamer wrote:You know I don't even know why I went off on state workers. I support them I guess. It just drives me nuts that they are literally getting rich with no risk.
I don't know of a single teacher that I'd call "rich" or even "getting rich", except for the ones married to a big shot in the private sector.

And it is funny you should mention there being "no risk" in light of what just happened.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

IMADreamer wrote:I think Illinois is an interesting conglomerate of screwed. The problems in this state started a long time ago and no one seems willing to try and end them. I've probably said it before in this thread but the number of people who live in my county that make 100k+ working for the state is unbelievable. Keep in mind there are only 17k people in the whole county and I think there are more then 20 people making 100k plus the last time I saw the figures. That's mind boggling to me that the guy working at the DMV is making six figures. Granted he's been there 25 years and is in charge of the office now but still. Prison gaurds are making big bank here, and even bridge tenders are 100k plus. In fact there are four that make 130k plus. Absolutely mind boggling that with no education you can bring down giant bank. Trust me where we live 100k is like rap video lifestyle money.
That's the thing, though, Walker isn't coming down on those people. In fact, Walker got in trouble for handing out a job like you are describing, IIRC.

Yeah, here it is: Scott Walker Gives $81,500 Government Job to Top Donor's 26 year-old College Dropout Son

Walker is coming down on teachers that make maybe in the range of $25K to $50K, and actually provide a useful service, unlike the scumbags you are describing in IL, or this 26 year old degenerate in WI.

slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden

Post by slide_into_first »

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolit ... 34626.html

Judge throws out Walker's union bargaining law

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

The drama is never going to end in Wisconsin.

slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden

Post by slide_into_first »

Surprise
Walker issued a statement accusing the judge of being a "liberal activist" who "wants to go backwards and take away the lawmaking responsibilities of the legislature and the governor. We are confident that the state will ultimately prevail in the appeals process."

UK
Perennial All-Star

Post by UK »

In reality, it's only a small % of state workers impacted by this judge's latest ruling.