Cats

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Cats

Post by G. Keenan »

I know this will offend many, as it should, but what is the point of cats? I don't get their appeal. 99% of the time they ignore you. They are indifferent to your presence unless they want something from you like food or a scratch someplace they can't get at themselves. The 1% of the time they do pay attention to you is usually when you are not paying attention to them and focusing on something else, which drives them crazy causing them to walk all over your keyboard, stick their butt in your face, etc. Or, when you do pet them, they refuse to let you stop until they've decided they've had enough, at which point they often bite you and run away. No matter what "rules" you have for them they do whatever the [expletive] they want. You can bet while you're out of the house they are walking all over the counters, tables, etc. This animal craps in a box, necessitating that you maintain a crap-filled box somewhere in your house, paws around in that crap-box, then walks all over your food preparation area yet somehow they have a reputation for being clean. If they're mad at you for whatever inscrutable reason they will take it out by crapping somewhere inconvenient for you as a lesson. Their food smells bad, always giving your house the faint but ever-present smell of cats. If they piss or puke somewhere, forget it, might as well throw that thing out. Their hair gets on everything. You can't take them for walks, or to the park, or wrestle with them, or go camping with them. All they do is sleep and pad around the house in their own little world. Occasionally you can dangle a string in front of them or watch them chase a shadow around, which is fun for about 10 minutes, but then they go back to resenting you and wishing they lived elsewhere.

I'm not saying that I hate your cats. If I come to your house I will play with your cats, say nice things about them, and accept your decision to have these sociopaths in your home, but I can't understand it.

redbirdjazzz
Perennial All-Star

Re: Cats

Post by redbirdjazzz »

G. Keenan wrote:I know this will offend many, as it should, but what is the point of cats? I don't get their appeal. 99% of the time they ignore you. They are indifferent to your presence unless they want something from you like food or a scratch someplace they can't get at themselves. The 1% of the time they do pay attention to you is usually when you are not paying attention to them and focusing on something else, which drives them crazy causing them to walk all over your keyboard, stick their butt in your face, etc. Or, when you do pet them, they refuse to let you stop until they've decided they've had enough, at which point they often bite you and run away. No matter what "rules" you have for them they do whatever the [expletive] they want. You can bet while you're out of the house they are walking all over the counters, tables, etc. This animal craps in a box, necessitating that you maintain a crap-filled box somewhere in your house, paws around in that crap-box, then walks all over your food preparation area yet somehow they have a reputation for being clean. If they're mad at you for whatever inscrutable reason they will take it out by crapping somewhere inconvenient for you as a lesson. Their food smells bad, always giving your house the faint but ever-present smell of cats. If they piss or puke somewhere, forget it, might as well throw that thing out. Their hair gets on everything. You can't take them for walks, or to the park, or wrestle with them, or go camping with them. All they do is sleep and pad around the house in their own little world. Occasionally you can dangle a string in front of them or watch them chase a shadow around, which is fun for about 10 minutes, but then they go back to resenting you and wishing they lived elsewhere.

I'm not saying that I hate your cats. If I come to your house I will play with your cats, say nice things about them, and accept your decision to have these sociopaths in your home, but I can't understand it.
++

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Roughly one out of twenty cats are worthwhile. But that one isn't worth trying to find. Just the shedding hair and smell are a deal breaker for me.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

G. Keenan wrote:I know this will offend many, as it should, but what is the point of cats? I don't get their appeal. 99% of the time they ignore you. They are indifferent to your presence unless they want something from you like food or a scratch someplace they can't get at themselves. The 1% of the time they do pay attention to you is usually when you are not paying attention to them and focusing on something else, which drives them crazy causing them to walk all over your keyboard, stick their butt in your face, etc. Or, when you do pet them, they refuse to let you stop until they've decided they've had enough, at which point they often bite you and run away. No matter what "rules" you have for them they do whatever the [expletive] they want. You can bet while you're out of the house they are walking all over the counters, tables, etc. This animal craps in a box, necessitating that you maintain a crap-filled box somewhere in your house, paws around in that crap-box, then walks all over your food preparation area yet somehow they have a reputation for being clean. If they're mad at you for whatever inscrutable reason they will take it out by crapping somewhere inconvenient for you as a lesson. Their food smells bad, always giving your house the faint but ever-present smell of cats. If they piss or puke somewhere, forget it, might as well throw that thing out. Their hair gets on everything. You can't take them for walks, or to the park, or wrestle with them, or go camping with them. All they do is sleep and pad around the house in their own little world. Occasionally you can dangle a string in front of them or watch them chase a shadow around, which is fun for about 10 minutes, but then they go back to resenting you and wishing they lived elsewhere.

The problem with non-cat owners is they don't see the true cat personality. All they see are scaredy cats. Cats have a seriously loving nature. My cats follow me and hang out in whatever room I'm in. They speak to you by making R2D2 noises. My one cat fetches little fuzzy balls better than any dog I've seen. He drops it at my feet and comes running back with his ball and is so excited. What you're omitting is that it's nice to not have to make the early morning/late night bathroom walks. What's worse, [expletive] boxes or picking up a dog's fresh steaming [expletive] while you're walking them? They lay on their back with their feet in the air on the bathroom floor. They run down the stairs and are excited to see you when you come home from work, but not all up in your grill like a dog. I now donate monthly to a cat rescue charity. I've always loved dogs and had dogs growing up, but cats get a bad rap and are truly awesome creatures.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

[/youtube]

Dogs, ftw.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

planet pujolsian wrote:

The problem with non-cat owners is they don't see the true cat personality. All they see are scaredy cats. Cats have a seriously loving nature. My cats follow me and hang out in whatever room I'm in. They speak to you by making R2D2 noises. My one cat fetches little fuzzy balls better than any dog I've seen. He drops it at my feet and comes running back with his ball and is so excited. What you're omitting is that it's nice to not have to make the early morning/late night bathroom walks. What's worse, [expletive] boxes or picking up a dog's fresh steaming [expletive] while you're walking them? They lay on their back with their feet in the air on the bathroom floor. They run down the stairs and are excited to see you when you come home from work, but not all up in your grill like a dog. I now donate monthly to a cat rescue charity. I've always loved dogs and had dogs growing up, but cats get a bad rap and are truly awesome creatures.
Well I am now living in a house with two cats so I'll see if their true personality comes out. Maybe they will prove me wrong, but for now I think cats are a blank slate onto which owners project whatever emotions they'd like them to feel.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

G. Keenan wrote:
planet pujolsian wrote:

You're still dumb. Please take advantage of the chance to get to know any animal species while you live with them.

Well I am now living in a house with two cats so I'll see if their true personality comes out. Maybe they will prove me wrong, but for now I think cats are a blank slate onto which owners project whatever emotions they'd like them to feel.

Hudler
All-Star

Post by Hudler »

planet pujolsian wrote:

They are lulling you into a false sense of security so they can kill you in your sleep....cats are evil!