Cats

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: Cats

Post by Radbird »

My condolences, Mort. I will have to consider a bald animal next go around. I suppose periodic bathing is better than having fur balls everywhere.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

We got him via a tragedy, a couple of years ago - his owner, who had four or five Sphynxes, was terminally ill, and wanted to make sure the pets had a good home before she went into a hospice. So a friend gave me a lift to just outside London, and we went into the most chaotic house I've ever seen - dogs and kids everywhere. One of the other Sphynxes was wearing a wool pullover with handles on top, and a kid was carrying it round the house like luggage. Weird place.

Anyway, Nicko would get the "chicken madness", as he'd been fed from his previous owner's plate. If there was any chicken in the house, he'd go right for it and make the loudest, weirdest noise. I'm a vegetarian but Mrs Mortimer had to occasionally eat outside to stop the assault. He also used the dog bed as a toilet, to the point the dog had to make do without a bed.

But he was sweet and loving, and would climb up me, sit on my shoulder, curl up and go to sleep. While I'm sad he didn't get to see St Louis (he'd have loved my mother-in-law, she's in a wheelchair and therefore would be the perfect warm spot for him to sleep) I'm glad we got to share a house with him for a few years. If you get one, be sure to look into what you'll need to do to care for them, as it's a bit more full-on than your average moggy but they're super-friendly too.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Molly
Perennial All-Star

Post by Molly »

The suckers took in #5. A tuxedo that had been living outside. We were feeding him the entire summer and as winter approached, we would let him inside for short periods of time, confined to the kitchen. He's now permanently inside (and doesn't seem to mind!!)

Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »