stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Re: Cats

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

I just rescued a couple of cats from the park at 14th and Pine. They were huddled together at about 5:45 this morning, while I was walking my dog. I went up to them, they seemed friendly, so when I'd taken the dog back home I went out and looked after them a little. They were so friendly they hopped straight into the cat carrier I had, and now they're at Stray Rescue of St Louis, just up Pine. If you're in the market for a couple of cats, or know anyone who is, they're a beautiful grey colour with orange eyes, incredibly friendly, and could be yours very soon.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

You're a good man, Charlie Brown!

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

I just noticed it looked like a request to get pats on the back, and that wasn't it at all. It was more "if you want cats, these two are great, and they're free". I presume one of the people who lived in one of the apartment buildings next to me had them, moved out (or maybe it was a student, going home) and decided to leave them there rather than dropping them off at the animal rescue place which is like two minutes drive away.

Plus, it's a powerful good feeling, helping like this. I can see why people devote their lives to it.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

my folks had to put down their 15+ year old cat last night. that was a crappy call to get. Hoboken "Hobo" Jasper. A Norwegian Forest Cat. He was found by a neighbor as a little kitten, they couldn't have cats yada yada so we took him. He had a real thick coat which on one hand was a nuisance but on the other hand he always looked like he was wearing a tuxedo (black cat with some white striping) and thus a badass. They say NFCs arrived with the Vikings! He had tufts on his paws so it looked like he was always ready to catch something...best paws in baseball we'd say. Just your typical lazy, sometimes hyper, good house cat. His last few years had been tough not only just being an older cat but I guess kidney issues are common in NFCs and he got some problems which ultimately made him go blind. Seems like he was going deaf too but this last year and half he'd still be trudging along albeit very slowly and close to walls. Well I guess he must have had the equivalent of a stroke last night and was having difficulty moving. Dad went to an emergency place and well it was decided his quality of life wasn't going to improve and he should be put down. It's terribly sad but on the other hand he had a good life and he gave us enjoyment for 15 years so...yeah.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Sorry to hear that :(

Molly
Perennial All-Star

Post by Molly »

Molly
Perennial All-Star

Post by Molly »

Josephus so sorry to hear about Hobo. He's on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge happy and healthy!!

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Molly wrote:Josephus so sorry to hear about Hobo. He's on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge happy and healthy!!
Thanks Molly (and Geddy), appreciate it!