Old people's obsession with gas prices.

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Re: Old people's obsession with gas prices.

Post by ghostrunner »

Meanwhile, it's 5-6 US dollars in Europe.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Freed Roger wrote: The reality though - for many people and many businesses that are under water - this price drop is just an air tank being sent down to help them out for a while.

It's also hurting many businesses. I work in the valve manufacturing business, and our business has nosedived the last 2 months. The oil industry simply isn't spending money on product, and much of that product is manufactured in the U.S.

Overall, I expect the lower gas prices will boost the economy, but folks in industries like the one that I'm in are not digging it.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Socnorb11 wrote:
Freed Roger wrote: The reality though - for many people and many businesses that are under water - this price drop is just an air tank being sent down to help them out for a while.

It's also hurting many businesses. I work in the valve manufacturing business, and our business has nosedived the last 2 months. The oil industry simply isn't spending money on product, and much of that product is manufactured in the U.S.

Overall, I expect the lower gas prices will boost the economy, but folks in industries like the one that I'm in are not digging it.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/16/news/co ... m0750story
Another 11,000 people lost their jobs at Schlumberger, a company that provides tools and services for oil and gas companies.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Radbird wrote:You people lack perspective. This old person filled up once for $0.19/gallon back in 1972.
YOU lack perspective. That gas you bought back in 1972, that was my pet brachiosaurus, Polly. How could you have been so heartless?!?!

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Speaking of gas prices. I hoping to fire the Cuda up this weekend for the first time. I know another guy who has one and he says he gets 8mpg on a good day. I don't care even a little though.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Deal with it.

We just had a natural disaster that hurt a lot of people. It also hammered oil and gas infrastructure. Gas prices are going up. Deal with it. Better yet, support the hurt people in the short term. And for the long term - support science and environmental efforts regarding climate change .....an easy way to do this is ousting leaders that don't support this.

/actually, I'm not sure if there is a general [expletive] fest about gas prices yet. but there will be.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Freed Roger wrote:Deal with it.

We just had a natural disaster that hurt a lot of people. It also hammered oil and gas infrastructure. Gas prices are going up. Deal with it. Better yet, support the hurt people in the short term. And for the long term - support science and environmental efforts regarding climate change .....an easy way to do this is ousting leaders that don't support this.

/actually, I'm not sure if there is a general [expletive] fest about gas prices yet. but there will be.
I'll do ya one better. There's a good old fashioned bank run on gasoline underway...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=61591

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Great - right before we make a 2000 drive.