Getting into shape

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Re: Getting into shape

Post by Freed Roger »

Am not obsessed with my weight, but I weigh myself obsessively.

And sorry to backpage, congrats to y'all. it is a good feeling, to have some command over fitness/weight.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

I haven't had a beer in a week and have already tightened my belt by a notch. It's a start.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Shirts had felt big lately... went to Target... so now I'm a medium. :shock: I mean, I know sizes are larger now than years ago, but still, geez. Confirmed when I went home and tried on literally all my shirts. 30lbs man. Geez.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

I sold out and took a steakhouse job and part of that is eating the entire menu, so my diet is totally blown this week, but I did hit 183.4 yesterday so I only have another 10 lbs or so to go.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

I have made a commitment to working out.

I have worked out 4 out of 5 days so far. To start, I have limited my workouts to 20 minutes cardio and 40 minutes weight training as to not hurt myself or not get burned out. I am going to do one 2 hour workout each week though. I am taking today off and working out for 2 hours tomorrow night.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I really think a commitment to a reasonable and sustainable workout is key. I’ve struggled with pushing myself too far too fast; make a little progress then get ambitious or impatient. I’m hoping i have a handle on that this time.
In other words, good strategizing FB.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

lukethedrifter wrote:I really think a commitment to a reasonable and sustainable workout is key. I’ve struggled with pushing myself too far too fast; make a little progress then get ambitious or impatient. I’m hoping i have a handle on that this time.
In other words, good strategizing FB.
Thanks. Something sustainable is the key for me.

I know it's probably not optimal, but it's better than what I was doing before which was nothing. I hope to get in 5 workouts each week with 1 of them being very ambitious.

ZigZagCardsFan
Perennial All-Star

Post by ZigZagCardsFan »

That's definitely key.

I found a lifting program that I do at home with adjustable dumbbells, a pull up bar, and bodyweight (Power Blocks) and each day takes less than 50-minutes to complete. It's been highly sustainable as I never dread working out for the first time in my life.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

ZigZagCardsFan wrote:That's definitely key.

I found a lifting program that I do at home with adjustable dumbbells, a pull up bar, and bodyweight (Power Blocks) and each day takes less than 50-minutes to complete. It's been highly sustainable as I never dread working out for the first time in my life.
What kind of adjustable dumbbells do you have?

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
ZigZagCardsFan wrote:That's definitely key.

What kind of adjustable dumbbells do you have?
I use the same type thing....."power-blocks", and they work great.