GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently May 24 19, 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1477 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 148  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Getting into shape
PostPosted: February 19 19, 12:58 pm 
Offline
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Posts: 23545
Location: St. Louis
Am not obsessed with my weight, but I weigh myself obsessively.

And sorry to backpage, congrats to y'all. it is a good feeling, to have some command over fitness/weight.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Getting into shape
PostPosted: February 23 19, 9:56 am 
Offline
Hallelujah Brother
User avatar

Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm
Posts: 12749
I haven't had a beer in a week and have already tightened my belt by a notch. It's a start.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Getting into shape
PostPosted: February 25 19, 8:50 pm 
Offline
MacGyver of Underwear
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Posts: 12238
Location: South City
Shirts had felt big lately... went to Target... so now I'm a medium. :shock: I mean, I know sizes are larger now than years ago, but still, geez. Confirmed when I went home and tried on literally all my shirts. 30lbs man. Geez.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Getting into shape
PostPosted: February 26 19, 12:28 am 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Posts: 19833
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis
I sold out and took a steakhouse job and part of that is eating the entire menu, so my diet is totally blown this week, but I did hit 183.4 yesterday so I only have another 10 lbs or so to go.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Getting into shape
PostPosted: February 26 19, 8:07 am 
Online
likes to grate his own cheese
User avatar

Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
Posts: 11335
Location: Drunk
I have made a commitment to working out.

I have worked out 4 out of 5 days so far. To start, I have limited my workouts to 20 minutes cardio and 40 minutes weight training as to not hurt myself or not get burned out. I am going to do one 2 hour workout each week though. I am taking today off and working out for 2 hours tomorrow night.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Getting into shape
PostPosted: February 26 19, 10:21 am 
Offline
darjeeling sipping elite
User avatar

Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Posts: 36195
Location: Huis Clos
I really think a commitment to a reasonable and sustainable workout is key. I’ve struggled with pushing myself too far too fast; make a little progress then get ambitious or impatient. I’m hoping i have a handle on that this time.
In other words, good strategizing FB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Getting into shape
PostPosted: February 26 19, 11:10 am 
Online
likes to grate his own cheese
User avatar

Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
Posts: 11335
Location: Drunk
lukethedrifter wrote:
I really think a commitment to a reasonable and sustainable workout is key. I’ve struggled with pushing myself too far too fast; make a little progress then get ambitious or impatient. I’m hoping i have a handle on that this time.
In other words, good strategizing FB.


Thanks. Something sustainable is the key for me.

I know it's probably not optimal, but it's better than what I was doing before which was nothing. I hope to get in 5 workouts each week with 1 of them being very ambitious.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Getting into shape
PostPosted: February 26 19, 1:03 pm 
Offline
Perennial All-Star
User avatar

Joined: July 29 06, 6:26 pm
Posts: 5529
That's definitely key.

I found a lifting program that I do at home with adjustable dumbbells, a pull up bar, and bodyweight (Power Blocks) and each day takes less than 50-minutes to complete. It's been highly sustainable as I never dread working out for the first time in my life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Getting into shape
PostPosted: February 26 19, 1:55 pm 
Offline
Hallelujah Brother
User avatar

Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm
Posts: 12749
ZigZagCardsFan wrote:
That's definitely key.

I found a lifting program that I do at home with adjustable dumbbells, a pull up bar, and bodyweight (Power Blocks) and each day takes less than 50-minutes to complete. It's been highly sustainable as I never dread working out for the first time in my life.

What kind of adjustable dumbbells do you have?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Getting into shape
PostPosted: February 26 19, 3:11 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Posts: 16877
stlouie_lipp wrote:
ZigZagCardsFan wrote:
That's definitely key.

I found a lifting program that I do at home with adjustable dumbbells, a pull up bar, and bodyweight (Power Blocks) and each day takes less than 50-minutes to complete. It's been highly sustainable as I never dread working out for the first time in my life.

What kind of adjustable dumbbells do you have?


I use the same type thing....."power-blocks", and they work great.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1477 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 148  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group