United Airlines, I hate you deeply.

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Tim
Consider him admonished

Re: United Airlines, I hate you deeply.

Post by Tim »

CardsofSTL wrote:I'd rather sit by someone's dog on a plane than most people.
What if you’re allergic to cats and dogs?

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

Tim wrote:
I'd still choose a cat/dog.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Tim wrote:
I'm not

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

at least united doesn't suck people out of planes

too soon?

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

cardsfantx wrote:at least united doesn't suck people out of planes

too soon?
Considering that lady died last night... yes.

Regarding United, in the past 48 hours they've had...
1. Flight #570 from Denver to Salt Lake City had a passenger make bomb threats while the plane was on the tarmac for takeoff.
2. Flight #1559 from Newark to Palm Beach had to make an emergency landing in Dover due to mechanical problems.

So United still sucks.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Not United discussion , and not to dismiss terrible tragedy where over hundred people died with Ethiopian Air plane going down:

Boeing 737 being grounded is causing a lot of chaos with air travel. Southwest is getting hammered. My wife had a helluva time with cancelled Sw, had to rebook with delta and await SW reimbursement. (we are fortunate to be able to do that).
Never got thru to SW, after being hold for 4 hours. She found out somehow that 10k people were on hold. Scheduled to fly back on a Southest 737 too.

Anyways she is fine. But awful mess for Boeing. Southwest. Jobs stock prices get affected. Heard that the black box went to Germany -our FAA left in kind of in a lurch

Seismic wave affect. Then throw in thousands of flights cancelled due to weather situations (which are getting more normal 1300 in Denver the other day) Again, safety has to be first In light of the tragedy. Still it is a reminder of how fragile things can be, and things we take for granted.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Freed Roger wrote:Not United discussion , and not to dismiss terrible tragedy where over hundred people died with Ethiopian Air plane going down:

Boeing 737 being grounded is causing a lot of chaos with air travel. Southwest is getting hammered. My wife had a helluva time with cancelled Sw, had to rebook with delta and await SW reimbursement. (we are fortunate to be able to do that).
Never got thru to SW, after being hold for 4 hours. She found out somehow that 10k people were on hold. Scheduled to fly back on a Southest 737 too.

Anyways she is fine. But awful mess for Boeing. Southwest. Jobs stock prices get affected. Heard that the black box went to Germany -our FAA left in kind of in a lurch

Seismic wave affect. Then throw in thousands of flights cancelled due to weather situations (which are getting more normal 1300 in Denver the other day) Again, safety has to be first In light of the tragedy. Still it is a reminder of how fragile things can be, and things we take for granted.
Honestly I'd prefer it that the black box not be sent here to the US for analysis - Boeing lobbyists would try and sway the results I'm sure. Just like if it was an Airbus plane I wouldn't really want it to be sent to France for analysis (or the US, since we now have Airbus planes being built here as well). Hell, Boeing's CEO personally called Trump to tell him everything was fine and that there was no cause to ground the 737 MAX series aircraft in the US. Trump's current Defense Secretary spent 30 years at Boeing.

It's no surprise to me at all that the US was the last country to ground the 737 MAX and that up until a couple hours prior to the official grounding announcement, the FAA was still publicly boasting that everything was fine and there was no cause for alarm.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Swirls wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:Not United discussion , and not to dismiss terrible tragedy where over hundred people died with Ethiopian Air plane going down:

Honestly I'd prefer it that the black box not be sent here to the US for analysis - Boeing lobbyists would try and sway the results I'm sure. Just like if it was an Airbus plane I wouldn't really want it to be sent to France for analysis (or the US, since we now have Airbus planes being built here as well). Hell, Boeing's CEO personally called Trump to tell him everything was fine and that there was no cause to ground the 737 MAX series aircraft in the US. Trump's current Defense Secretary spent 30 years at Boeing.

It's no surprise to me at all that the US was the last country to ground the 737 MAX and that up until a couple hours prior to the official grounding announcement, the FAA was still publicly boasting that everything was fine and there was no cause for alarm.
I ran into a friend who works at Boeing the day of the crash. He was clearly bummed out about the crash and what was to come. Heard an airline expert on NPR -while 737 aren't prevalent just a few percent is enough to throw things out of whack.
Another concern is that 737s was in their pipeline, along with future 797. Expert mentioned how 50 new 737 planes a month(i think) -get stymied. no place to park them at the plant and possibly can't fly them to park elsewhere.

The issue you are talking about, I never though about. But the guy on NPR did say something of how FAA studdered on this.

Again, it is a precarious situation -a powerful quasi-monopoly with intrinsic govt ownership on the DOD side., that is a publicly traded company key to the stock market and lots of livelihoods ....not to mention the safety of people using their products. Easy to see why Team Trump Grift USA, recognized this power play early on and made Boeing CEO do the dance for AF1, etc.

Probably need a new thread

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

FWIW Trump acolyte Nikki Haley was added to Boeing's board recently. The circle of power and accountability/oversight in this country is guild age-1890s small in the USA.