United Airlines, I hate you deeply.

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Michael
GRB Founder

Re: United Airlines, I hate you deeply.

Post by Michael »

tlombard wrote:I'm sure the terms and conditions that we never read, yet agree to every time because we have to in order to actually do anything with a company, give them the right to decide they can demand you leave the plane at any point at which point you are trespassing if you don't leave. I don't agree with it but I bet legally they are on solid ground right there.
I'm not so sure they are. Once the passager boards the plane I think the overbooking policy goes out the window.

At the very least it's a very anti consumer practice and I'm not going to defend united here.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

It doesn't say anything about people who have been boarded:

RULE 25 DENIED BOARDING COMPENSATION

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/conten ... aspx#sec25
Last edited by Michael on April 10 17, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

This actually PO's me off. I mean look at this:
I love the Chicago PD's statement. He was "asked" and he "fell":

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Michael wrote:RULE 25 DENIED BOARDING COMPENSATION

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/conten ... aspx#sec25

It doesn't say anything about people who have been boarded.
Yeah, I linked to that on the previous page. 25.A.2 is the (most) applicable part, and it basically says the airline has to resolve the overbooking situation prior to boarding. Everything is written around it being addressed pre-boarding, never post-boarding.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

What an awful response:

What these corperations will defend to squeeze extra profits is really something.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Michael wrote:What an awful response:

What these corperations will defend to squeeze extra profits is really something.
That wasn't even their first statement! Initially all they said was "talk to police, they're investigating" (paraphrased).

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Michael wrote:What an awful response:

Typical BS from United, a company that is routinely ranked THE WORST in customer service of all airlines and probably just about any business period. I bet even the cable companies have better customer service than United.

"I apologize for having to re-accommodate these customers." Laugh out loud.

That's like telling your wife, "I'm sorry it hurts your feelings that I [expletive] your sister."

[expletive] United I hate them. I hope this guys gets millions off them, and a couple million out of the police too while he's at it.

America, a place where a paying customer gets denied the service he paid for just because the company feels like it, then gets beat up by the police when he doesn't just bend over and take it.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Funny enough this was released today:
An aviation dean and a marketing professor ranked the 12 largest U.S. airlines by analyzing 2016 U.S. Department of Transportation figures for on-time flights, lost baggage, the number of passengers bumped off flights, and complaint rates:

1. Alaska Airlines (ranked 5th in 2015)

2. Delta Air Lines (3)

3. Virgin America (1)

4. JetBlue Airways (2)

5. Hawaiian Airlines (4)

6. Southwest Airlines (6)

7. SkyWest (7)

8. United Airlines (8)

9. American Airlines (10)

10. ExpressJet (9)

11. Spirit Airlines (13)

12. Frontier (11)
Link

I wouldn't fly Spirit or Frontier for free.

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer

Post by TimeForGuinness »

I flew Frontier once, they stole half of the clothes out of our luggage.

You couldn't pay me enough money to fly on one of their flights.

I travel a lot for work. I used to make fun of Southwest, calling them the Walmart of airlines. And while that part is true, Southwest is almost always on time (in my experience), they have excellent customer service, their fares are excellent, and they fly almost everywhere now. I really can't complain about them anymore. If I'm on a longer flight (> 3 hours), I'll try to fly Alaskan or Delta, just for comfort...but Southwest is my go to when flying these days.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

TimeForGuinness wrote:I flew Frontier once, they stole half of the clothes out of our luggage.

You couldn't pay me enough money to fly on one of their flights.

I travel a lot for work. I used to make fun of Southwest, calling them the Walmart of airlines. And while that part is true, Southwest is almost always on time (in my experience), they have excellent customer service, their fares are excellent, and they fly almost everywhere now. I really can't complain about them anymore. If I'm on a longer flight (> 3 hours), I'll try to fly Alaskan or Delta, just for comfort...but Southwest is my go to when flying these days.
I love southwest. The places I fly from means a lot of small planes. With southwest I know I'm flying in a real plane.