United Airlines, I hate you deeply.

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Re: United Airlines, I hate you deeply.

Post by Popeye_Card »

I caught it on the CBS Evening News. Not sure if they have their clip online.

If it was not sticking out from under the seat somehow, I would see no reason for a flight attendant to say anything about it. There had to be some impetus for them to instruct the passenger to place it overhead.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Popeye_Card wrote:I caught it on the CBS Evening News. Not sure if they have their clip online.

If it was not sticking out from under the seat somehow, I would see no reason for a flight attendant to say anything about it. There had to be some impetus for them to instruct the passenger to place it overhead.
Could it have been that the flight attendant saw it was a dog in the carrier when the passenger was walking back to her seat and said that carriers have to go overhead?

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:I caught it on the CBS Evening News. Not sure if they have their clip online.

Could it have been that the flight attendant saw it was a dog in the carrier when the passenger was walking back to her seat and said that carriers have to go overhead?
It could be, but that’s not how CBS reported it. I would have a tough time believing that as well. Surely it wasn’t the first dog that flight attendant came across, and it would be directly against their policy/training.

I’m not sure why we are so quick to judge the flight attendant as being wrong here. Clearly a mistake was made that they instructed the passenger to place the dog in the overhead bin, but unless they were grossly incompetent, I presume they made an honest mistake.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I said I don't think there was malicious intent. Gross incompetence is possible. I still insist that the flight attendant is more the problem than the passenger.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

The passenger is more at fault as she’s dumb for bringing a dog on a plane in the first place (again...for the 3rd time I’ve said in this thread)

If she leaves the dog at home like a normal freaking person, then the dog is alive today.

And if it was a brand new dog/she was just getting it (which I doubt as no reports have mentioned it), then you drive. I drove 6 states to get our latest dog, so I don’t want to hear it (not my idea..my wife wanted a specific dog, and they were the closest breeder in the time frame she wanted. Last 2 dogs were from the pound in case someone is going to say something about why we didn’t just get one from the pound)

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

cardsfantx wrote:The passenger is more at fault as she’s dumb for bringing a dog on a plane in the first place (again...for the 3rd time I’ve said in this thread)

If she leaves the dog at home like a normal freaking person, then the dog is alive today.

And if it was a brand new dog/she was just getting it (which I doubt as no reports have mentioned it), then you drive. I drove 6 states to get our latest dog, so I don’t want to hear it (not my idea..my wife wanted a specific dog, and they were the closest breeder in the time frame she wanted. Last 2 dogs were from the pound in case someone is going to say something about why we didn’t just get one from the pound)
PUPPY MURDERER!

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Anyone involved with the death of a dog is on my [expletive] list

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

CardsofSTL wrote:Anyone involved with the death of a dog is on my [expletive] list
exactly...stupid dog owner

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Counterpoint: dogs are allowed on airplanes no matter your feelings and it’s a reasonable request that they make it to their destination alive.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

AR15s are legal/allowed to be owned by the public no matter your feelings.

Doesn’t mean it’s not a dumb rule either.