United Airlines, I hate you deeply.

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: United Airlines, I hate you deeply.

Post by CardsofSTL »

Toddlers don't need seats...they have little bitty legs.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

CardsofSTL wrote:Toddlers don't need seats...they have little bitty legs.
Hell, I bet you could fit one or two under the seats. Think of the revenue they are letting slip away!

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

The mom should be charged extra for not sticking the rug rat under the seat in front of her, or placing him in the overhead bin.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

My son just flew on United en route to China. If all goes normally, there will be a social media nightmare, a lawsuit, and a very early retirement.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

What a disappointment the Southwest want-to-get-away sales are from STL. oh the exotic ports of call for 1-way $49 - Des Moines! Little Rock! Atlanta! Get your dancin' shoes on baby, we are going to Wichita! (Sorry Joc).

oi, our airport. The positive is the airport is accessible, located centrally, and not too busy. The not too busy part is the problem too. Can't get many places direct without a stop. There are some major dead zones for destinations from St. Louis. And if you can fly non-stop somewhere, the lack of competition here means higher prices.

Yeah, I've flown Allegiant Air out of Mascoutah. Fun, if you you are interested in traveling to Florida on a Tues or Fri.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Ooh. I have a couple of friends in Atlanta that I wouldn't mind visiting. I need to start paying attention to those specials more.

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

Freed Roger wrote:What a disappointment the Southwest want-to-get-away sales are from STL. oh the exotic ports of call for 1-way $49 - Des Moines! Little Rock! Atlanta! Get your dancin' shoes on baby, we are going to Wichita! (Sorry Joc).

oi, our airport. The positive is the airport is accessible, located centrally, and not too busy. The not too busy part is the problem too. Can't get many places direct without a stop. There are some major dead zones for destinations from St. Louis. And if you can fly non-stop somewhere, the lack of competition here means higher prices.

Yeah, I've flown Allegiant Air out of Mascoutah. Fun, if you you are interested in traveling to Florida on a Tues or Fri.
On the upside, starting next year you can fly direct to Reykjavik!

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/08/wow-ai ... rn-cities/

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote: On the upside, starting next year you can fly direct to Reykjavik!

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/08/wow-ai ... rn-cities/
Saw that and it is definitely worth an exclamation point!

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

So I bought Early Bird Check-In from Southwest, and I don't think it was worth it. It automatically checks you in 36 hours before your flight, but you still don't get to see your boarding position until 24 hours ahead.

When I went to retrieve my boarding pass this morning (about 22 hours before my flight), I was in B13. I know A1-15 goes to Business Select, but I have a hard time believing nearly 60 other people got the early bird too. Basically I paid $30 round trip, and the only real benefit is an early check in.

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer

Post by TimeForGuinness »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:So I bought Early Bird Check-In from Southwest, and I don't think it was worth it. It automatically checks you in 36 hours before your flight, but you still don't get to see your boarding position until 24 hours ahead.

When I went to retrieve my boarding pass this morning (about 22 hours before my flight), I was in B13. I know A1-15 goes to Business Select, but I have a hard time believing nearly 60 other people got the early bird too. Basically I paid $30 round trip, and the only real benefit is an early check in.
I fly regularly on Southwest, and I usually check in exactly 24 hours before a flight. I rarely get in the A's...and usually it's mid/late B's...so it doesn't surprise me that you have B13. The bright side is you should be able to get your pick of aisle or window.