GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently July 20 19, 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Neighbors Rant
PostPosted: May 9 19, 4:52 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

I live in this little clump of houses around a small lake and thankfully I can't actually see any of my neighbors and they can't see our house. There are trees everywhere and every house is built in a little cove of the lake. It really is the perfect community set up. I have three sets of neighbors that are wonderful people. Sometimes we will go over for coffee or they will come here. We all get along great and basically leave each other alone. We all have a common enemy.....Charlie and Jean. Charlie mows every freaking day. One direction one day, the other the next. They never wave or say high and they are the first to confront you if you do something they don't like. One time they called the police on me because I had a junk car on blocks. This junk car was my Z06 and it was literally on jack stands for less than 24 hours as I changed tires and did some maintenance.

They once confronted some of the other neighbors because they had put up a bad mitten net in their front yard and that was junking up the neighborhood.

Last spring Charlie came knocking one Sunday to protest all the cars in my driveway. (and admittedly some on the public street but parked off the to the side.) We had a car guy get together and there were literally over a million dollars of cars in my driveway and he thought "it makes the place look like hell." Anyway, we are having another cook out Saturday and I just got to thinking how pissed Charlie will be.

PostPosted: May 9 19, 9:13 pm 
Perennial All-Star

IMADreamer wrote:
I live in this little clump of houses around a small lake and thankfully I can't actually see any of my neighbors and they can't see our house. There are trees everywhere and every house is built in a little cove of the lake. It really is the perfect community set up. I have three sets of neighbors that are wonderful people. Sometimes we will go over for coffee or they will come here. We all get along great and basically leave each other alone. We all have a common enemy.....Charlie and Jean. Charlie mows every freaking day. One direction one day, the other the next. They never wave or say high and they are the first to confront you if you do something they don't like. One time they called the police on me because I had a junk car on blocks. This junk car was my Z06 and it was literally on jack stands for less than 24 hours as I changed tires and did some maintenance.

They once confronted some of the other neighbors because they had put up a bad mitten net in their front yard and that was junking up the neighborhood.

Last spring Charlie came knocking one Sunday to protest all the cars in my driveway. (and admittedly some on the public street but parked off the to the side.) We had a car guy get together and there were literally over a million dollars of cars in my driveway and he thought "it makes the place look like hell." Anyway, we are having another cook out Saturday and I just got to thinking how pissed Charlie will be.

Tell them you’ll clean everything up and bump the property values long enough for them to sell.

PostPosted: May 10 19, 7:46 am 
likes to grate his own cheese

I'd tell Charlie to eat [expletive] and die. I'd also tell Charlie to kiss my ass and bark at the moon.

PostPosted: May 10 19, 8:21 am 
Hallelujah Brother

Fat_Bulldog wrote:
I'd tell Charlie to eat [expletive] and die. I'd also tell Charlie to kiss my ass and bark at the moon.

Exactly.

PostPosted: May 10 19, 2:45 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

I didn’t get my invite.

PostPosted: May 10 19, 2:45 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Also, [expletive] Charlie.

PostPosted: May 10 19, 7:08 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Houses in my hood are pretty close together. Now in the 3rd house in the same neighborhood. Obviously we must like it.

Anyways, last house - we were fairly new and unacquainted with next door neighbor. I am inside and I see a commotion between my wife and new neighbor. My sister in law parked on street in front of new neighbors house, neighbor lady objected and my wife told her she can park anywhere she wants on public street. I am like oh boy, welcome to the house.

In a short matter of time I learn my new neighbor lady's husband is inside in the last throes of terminal cancer. Jeesh.

Took me(primarily me) the next 20 years living there to thaw out the relationship with neighbor whose house was 15 feet east. She was nice, extremely anti-social introvert. My wife is not anti-social introvert. I guess it was good they got it over with early.

Then there was a sort of Gladys Kravitz omnipresent dog Walker women that was always up in our [expletive]. I swear, she was often the 1st person in the world I saw in the AM publicly and the last, on daily basis.
Our older daughter was a turbulent teen so dog lady was always commenting on what is that dent in the car, or where was her car. I would cringe when she'd catch me loading the car for a trip, and she'd yell out "where you going!? How long? Is everybody going? Who is taking care of the house ?!!"

I blew her off cordially. But my wife who traveled a lot for sales and got tired of the daily interrogation lost it and told her to STFU because after that I'd be out and she gave me a wide berth. I'd sometimes feel bad and try to strike a token conversation, to no avail.

So yeah, f [expletive] Charlie. I will send my wife up there to deal, lol

PostPosted: May 10 19, 10:56 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

lukethedrifter wrote:
I didn’t get my invite.

Well I'd tell you to come up but now there's a 100 percent chance of rain tomorrow, which is funny since there wasn't a chance as of yesterday. lol So we are probably canceling. We usually all go to the car show in Hannibal, Mo in the morning, then head over to my house for a cook out in the afternoon and evening. If it rains everyone will stay home though.

PostPosted: May 11 19, 6:59 pm 
Consider him admonished

We noticed our next door neighbor feeding the Canadian Geese inhabiting the neighborhood pond. They are a nuisance. They crap all over the place. They bully the mallards. They are a huge pain. This guy is apparently oblivious. I guess as long as they aren't doing anything in my yard, I don't have a dog in the fight. The wife is pressuring me to say something. Apparently it is quite the topic of convo on facebook. I don't like how this is going to end.

PostPosted: May 11 19, 7:45 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

A labrador can run the geese off, legally(may have to break leash law).