Rick Santorum?

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
doe_boy
Hall Of Famer

Rick Santorum?

Post by doe_boy »

Bum of the month?

Striking a chord?

I'm Catholic, but I don't see anything in him that reflects what I believe.

It's a big world with plenty of conflicting ideals. But, what the [expletive]?

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Re: Rick Santorum?

Post by G. Keenan »

As much as I dislike Santorum's medieval views on social issues he somehow comes across as more likable than Gingrich or Romney.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Santorum, let’s see, he outright rejects the idea that anybody in this country dies due to lack of healthcare. He opposes pre-existing conditions clauses for insurance carriers (so if you lose your job, or if your cancer spreads and you CAN’T work anymore, I’m not sure what you're supposed to do . . . die quickly, I guess. An insurance company sure wouldn’t touch you, and Santorum wouldn’t want them to.) He thinks family and churches can pick up the slack. He thinks we should keep that tax rate for millionaires and billionaires low, though.

He’s a radical Islamophobe and homophobe, and he’s got pretty itchy trigger fingers when it comes to the Middle East. He’s radically against abortion – even in cases of incest or rape – and wants to overturn Roe Vs. Wade. He’s even anti-contraception! (Ironically, though, his wife had to terminate a pregnancy because it may have endangered her life. So I guess he’s okay with HER making THAT choice!!! Maybe when it’s someone YOU care about, it’s different. Hypocrite.)

Hungary Jack
Mother Earth

Post by Hungary Jack »

He does have a catchy last name.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

He firmly believes in American exceptionalism.

Maclowery
Child Pot Activist

Post by Maclowery »

I'll never be able to take him seriously, even if he became the leader of the free world and subsequently won the war against alien invasion from Mars. Reading Dan Savage every week for the past ten years introduced me to that steaming turd far before this race. So obviously the first time I was really exposed to Santorum (snicker) was due to his name's internet-appointed second connotation.

cpebbles
Perennial All-Star

Post by cpebbles »

For all of his many, many other faults, it's his total lack of charisma that I can't believe conservatives are willing to gloss over. The guy is a racist, a hypocrite, radically backwards-thinking, and a clearly hateful man, but I can't even muster up any real hatred for the guy because one look at him and you know he's spent a significant chunk of his life having his head dunked in a toilet.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

cpebbles wrote:For all of his many, many other faults, it's his total lack of charisma that I can't believe conservatives are willing to gloss over. The guy is a racist, a hypocrite, radically backwards-thinking, and a clearly hateful man, but I can't even muster up any real hatred for the guy because one look at him and you know he's spent a significant chunk of his life having his head dunked in a toilet.
I heard a pastor in Texas interviewed the other day saying he supported Santorum for his religiosity and personality. Okay, seems fitting. What surprised me is why he said he didn't support Newt Gingrich. Not because Newt is a serial adulterer, but because compared to Santorum he came across as "mean spirited."

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

G. Keenan wrote:
cpebbles wrote:For all of his many, many other faults, it's his total lack of charisma that I can't believe conservatives are willing to gloss over. The guy is a racist, a hypocrite, radically backwards-thinking, and a clearly hateful man, but I can't even muster up any real hatred for the guy because one look at him and you know he's spent a significant chunk of his life having his head dunked in a toilet.
I heard a pastor in Texas interviewed the other day saying he supported Santorum for his religiosity and personality. Okay, seems fitting. What surprised me is why he said he didn't support Newt Gingrich. Not because Newt is a serial adulterer, but because compared to Santorum he came across as "mean spirited."
Is that really a word? If so, I'm going to run with it.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

here comes the hyperbole. He's a smart articulate shrewd ..... You guys just don't like him because he's a Republican, and you aren't going to like any Republican, not even a Mitt Romney.

:wink: