Really Slow Sandwich Preparation

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Hungary Jack
Mother Earth

Really Slow Sandwich Preparation

Post by Hungary Jack »

How long should it take to make a turkey sandwich on a pretzel roll, with mustard, lettuce, tomato, avocado and cheese? 4 minutes? Maybe 5?

This little shop around the corner takes at least 10 minutes to make a turkey sandwich. Happens every time. I like to support the local independent businesses, but 10 minutes for a [expletive] sandwich? Really?

cards2468
Hall Of Famer

Re: Really Slow Sandwich Preparation

Post by cards2468 »

Hungary Jack wrote:How long should it take to make a turkey sandwich on a pretzel roll, with mustard, lettuce, tomato, avocado and cheese? 4 minutes? Maybe 5?

This little shop around the corner takes at least 10 minutes to make a turkey sandwich. Happens every time. I like to support the local independent businesses, but 10 minutes for a [expletive] sandwich? Really?
Hey, it takes some foreplay to reach the Haltz-Peter North sandwich money shot.

Hungary Jack
Mother Earth

Post by Hungary Jack »

I was wondering why that guy behind the counter was stroking that squeeze bottle so vigorously.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

At a tooty fruity sandwich shop that offers pretzel rolls(whatever those are), yes. They always take a long time. They also overcharge and have a tip cup. I recommend avoiding these hipster places, and finding a local Subway and supporting that franchise. Your sandwich will be in your hand in less than one minute, and they won't even let you order it on a pretzel roll.

Hungary Jack
Mother Earth

Post by Hungary Jack »

Have you ever even had a pretzel roll? They are darned good. Subway sales would increase 20% if they offered a pretzel roll.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

No, but I've rolled a few times with a pretzel.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

cards2468 wrote:
Hungary Jack wrote:How long should it take to make a turkey sandwich on a pretzel roll, with mustard, lettuce, tomato, avocado and cheese? 4 minutes? Maybe 5?

Hey, it takes some foreplay to reach the Haltz-Peter North sandwich money shot.
The mayo fluffer took the day off, and there were weren't any relish mags lying around the kitchen.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

I do not know what a pretzel roll is. I have had pretzels.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

I think you've successfully identified where the time goes, HJ.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

When you use only free-range bread, lettuce that dies from natural causes, turkeys that accidentally tripped and fell across an ax, pigs with extra detachable legs and muscles that they selflessly donate, and a chef whose sandwiches are avant-garde sculptures produced during a choreographed dance re-enacting Emma Goldman's theories of free love, you're darned right it takes a long time.