Caught you a delicious bass

Re: Ugly day at work

Post by GeddyWrox »

Drinking, yes. But will there be puking?? :-D

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Probably not but... maybe? It all kind of depends on if Jen comes down. If she joins us then no, there won't be puking. If she doesn't then it might be on.

The guy I'm going to the bar with hasn't met her yet. And she only lives a couple of blocks from the bar so he was trying to talk me into having her join us earlier. I told him there was no way. If I drink like I plan on tonight then I'll just get myself in trouble. But because I'm an idiot, when I talked to her earlier to tell her my plans I still told her to come down. She's not sure. I hope she does but I hope she doesn't at the same time. I got myself in trouble last week. I don't need to do that again. If she joins us for a bit then I'll just not drink much and there will be no puking.

And by that I mean I won't drink much while she's there but unless she stays all night with me, as soon as she leaves the shots are starting and the phone is getting turned off so I can't get myself in trouble. Again. I might have gotten myself in a bit of trouble last Thursday night. She wouldn't even talk to me at all until like 4pm on Friday. I went to her place and picked up dinner on the way. We watched a movie and had NOTHING to say to me at all. I finally just left. Thankfully she came around more Saturday and then Sunday it was her idea to watch some football and she picked up the tab for lunch and she loves me again.

I still don't think what I did was worth being all that mad over though. Yeah, it was stupid but not that bad. She's the one who said the stuff that kicked off all the drama! It was the birthday of a friend of hers. I only met the guy through her fairly recently but hey, he was celebrating at my regular bar so I decided to be nice and met him up there. She was already not happy with him so she didn't join us. Anyway, they were friends and her and I are together so I was being nice. And I still don't think he's a bad guy but he does lose his mind and get jealous when it comes to her seeing as he's madly in love with her and all. Neither of us knew that until just a couple of days before though. So I wasn't completely sober. He was trashed. She sent me a really long text that I didn't even read a line of before saying 'holy [poop] that's a long text' and turning my phone so he could see how long it was. Yeah. Shouldn't have done that. He managed to read the first part of the text and it wasn't pretty.

I guess he was being kind of a jerk to her over text and she stopped responding to him and just went OFF on him in her text to me concluding with 'since he can't accept the fact that him and I will never be anything more than friends and that you and I are and will continue to be, I'm done with him and can't even be his friend anymore.' Yep. That set off a huge thing. Then she wouldn't talk to either of us. He was texting me saying 'you win, I give up' and threatening to kill himself. They no longer speak. So yeah, once I start drinking the phone is getting turned off until I call for a ride home.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

And yes, I've given up on finishing anything else today and am just going to finish it tomorrow so I'm trying really, really hard to kill time on the Internet while I wait for that jerkface to get here so we can go to the bar.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Dude. That sounds like something that would've happened to me! I was always finding the dog house through the most bizarre circumstances.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Recently I've developed a unique talent for getting myself in trouble and not even remembering what I said so... I'm taking a break from the booze for a bit. I've struggled with insecurities pretty much from my childhood and I thought I'd pretty much gotten over them but recently with everything going on they've started to resurface when I'm drinking and I say things that I don't even remember the next day when she's not happy with me... so no more booze until I figure out what's going on in my head and get it under control. My concerns need to be voiced sober, not drunk like the last week or so.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

tlombard wrote:Recently I've developed a unique talent for getting myself in trouble and not even remembering what I said so... I'm taking a break from the booze for a bit. I've struggled with insecurities pretty much from my childhood and I thought I'd pretty much gotten over them but recently with everything going on they've started to resurface when I'm drinking and I say things that I don't even remember the next day when she's not happy with me... so no more booze until I figure out what's going on in my head and get it under control. My concerns need to be voiced sober, not drunk like the last week or so.
What you do expect when you go out setting goals like this....
It will be what everybody here considers garbage beer but after this week (especially today), I've decided that I'm going to the bar after work and I'm not just drinking beer. I'm drinking ALL the beer. Every one they have on hand or I pass out at the bar. Whichever comes first.
There's definitely a middle ground to be found. I been through a similar issue, and did quit drinking for about a year but it still did not resolve the situation. Nothing wrong w/ the sober route, but realize that there's definitely nothing wrong w/ enjoying a couple beers and not getting to the point of forgetting [expletive].

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I know. I've just been in a mode recently where I have stopped losing track of that tipping point and need to kind of reset. Plus it will really help the bank account not going up there and spending a bunch of money. Now that softball is over I drink once a week at the most anyway and I've never been one that has any desire to drink at home. I'm just going to cut the bar out for a bit and then after awhile I'll have to make sure I focus on moderation.

I don't normally go into the night planning on getting messed up but I sure did last week. I wasn't surprised that I didn't really remember the last hour of the evening but I was shocked to find out that I was an arse to her (nobody else). Even when I haven't remembered the end of evenings I've always been a happy drunk and people make fun of me at the bar because 99% of the time they say I get even nicer after I drink too much.

I had been considering taking a break from the bar anyway so I'm just going to do it now.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

I'm drinking and I say things that I don't even remember the next day when she's not happy with me... so no more booze until I figure out what's going on in my head and get it under control. My concerns need to be voiced sober, not drunk like the last week or so.
My girlfriend and I have a relationship that's a bit complicated and logistically tough, both personally and professionally. It helps that she's amazing and seems to really care about me and I would have walked into traffic for her before things became intimate, but my sobriety has made it possible to actually consider my thoughts and actions in a situation that's sometimes difficult to navigate.

As it stands, we've never fought or spoke maliciously even when we've disagreed or felt insecure. It would be a disaster if I decided to get loaded when things are emotionally difficult. I'd recommend giving it a try.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Haltz - that sounds a LOT like my situation really. With her not having a job for a bit early on and the ex situation and such, things are not simple for sure. Things going on in her current situation combined with my past insecurities are a bad combination once booze gets involved.

So no drinking for awhile. Save that money. Not cause trouble. It's a win-win situation as far as I'm concerned.