Garbage on Facebook

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Post by Freed Roger »

Had to reactivate my FB acct because it is tied to other apps like Target Cartwheel.

Was good to get chance to see my kids posting great message, wiser and better than me. (Low bar).

Not as much chatter on post-elections as I'd expected. Did take 4 or 5 friends off. These are people I see in person, they may be offended they were selected for purge or may not notice. I just figured it was better to unfriend, rather than stay friend and be silent on some of their pronouncements.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Old work friend hits me up with a friend request. Sure.
first thing he posts is how Donald Trump didn't really mock the disabled reporter.

Sigh... *PLONK*

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Just had a conversation with an extremely bitter Bernie supporter who I am guessing ended up voting for Trump. He never came out and said it explicitly. He just kept insisting that Democrats calling people rednecks is what tilted the election to Trump. He said it was "observable fact" that Democrats voting for Trump is why Trump won. I said it was "observable fact" that thousands of Democrats were marching in the streets right now, protesting Trump. Then he accused me of fomenting race and ethnic tension, and said I wanted to kill rednecks. WTF?????? I tried explaining that I felt Hillary did a terrible job at convincing working class voters of ALL KINDS that she could help them, and that's why she lost, but he wouldn't drop it and I eventually just gave up. This is seriously the dumbest and most infuriating conversation I've ever had on Facebook. I think I may have finally found an actual, real-life Berniebro. The first one I've ever met. This is even dumber than the recent conversation I had about an article titled "Obama Quietly Signs Executive Order to Achieve Global Vaccination Agenda".

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators

Post by Tambourine Man »

Goddamn, I knew it was Matt Pearce all along.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

It's just awesome when Facebook notifies you that your father has liked the "Juggs of Facebook" group.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

heyzeus wrote:It's just awesome when Facebook notifies you that your father has liked the "Juggs of Facebook" group.
Sounds like progress is being made on his facebook priorities.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

How about the disclaimer made on a FB post "I rarely make a political comment on FB, but....." ?

Yeah,... right.

Has anyone ever seen that disclaimer used by someone who has really kept everyone in the dark about their political beliefs.