Everday Unicorn

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Post by heyzeus »

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

wart57 wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/24/us/p ... itics.html

Facebook says I am a Moderate. - so suck it you crybaby liberals and you too you damn evil conservatives!

It said I was a conservative and black.

I am not.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:

Facebook says I am a Moderate. - so suck it you crybaby liberals and you too you damn evil conservatives!

I am not.
If Facebook says it - it is true.

A conservative black man you are.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:

I am not.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

My aunt reposted a meme today about Wyandotte County Sheriff’s Deputy Scott Wood who was shot by three black suspects at a 7/11. The meme says deputy Wood is in critical condition and wondering why the national media isn’t covering this and what would be said if a white cop shot three black men and...

Scott Wood was shot in 2015. He had a lengthy rehab but completed it long ago. All three suspects in the case have been found guilty and sentenced— one just earlier this month, but it’s still complete. I suspect no national media covered that sentencing and why would they, but the shooting itself was on CNN, NBC, Fox News, etc.

And the initial post that my aunt reposted isn’t from 2015. Whatever page she got it from only posted it yesterday.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:

I am not.
Maybe you don't know what you are?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

I took Facebook and Facebook Messenger off my phone about 2 months ago. At first, it was weird. I'd be riding the el somewhere or waiting in line and it was like muscle memory to look at my phone and open up the Facebook app. When I'd use my computer one of the first tabs I'd open would be Facebook to see what I missed. After a few weeks that muscle memory went away. And I found that I wasn't that engaged with what's happening on Instagram or Twitter when I looked at my phone. I'd look at the NY Times app instead. Also when I was using my computer at home or work I wouldn't even bother looking at Facebook, I'd go a week without opening the page. The muscle memory of looking at my phone every time I was bored in public, waiting in line or whatever, went away. I started reading a book on the el going to/from places, then finished it and read another. It's been pretty good so far. I'm less invested in the bubble I created for myself on Facebook, I'm looking around more in public.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

everything on facebook is garbage

/thread

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Case in point that Twitter is also a hellscape but I love my trash pile. These are two of my computer friends. Redneck is a protected class now?