[expletive] Apple

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
tlombard
tl;dr

Re: [expletive] Apple

Post by tlombard »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:Sounds like iPhone X is struggling. Given their last two most heralded changes--water resistance, charging pod--have been with Samsung for a while--I just don't know if Apple is going to be a stock/b-school case study darling much longer. Perhaps that's been true for a while. I'm not sure they have that juice anymore.

And I'm not even really a hater anymore. Though it is hard to read about Travis Kalanik and not wonder if Steve Jobs could have survived in today's hyper-access, high-sensitivity environment. Anyway, sure seems like they miss him.
Steve Jobs was probably a big influence on Travis Kalanik so TK got what he deserved. I could be completely wrong. I just remember hearing about people trying to emulate Steve Jobs and just being complete dicks in the end.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Apple phones seem delicate. I have a friend who dropped his on Friday and broke the screen all to hell. He and his wife have been through three phones in maybe two years. Meanwhile my Samsung Galaxy S6 Active has survived going on three years. It's been dropped numerous times from tractors, it rode through a field on top of a chisel plow for about a half hour once. It's been dropped in a mountain stream in Wyoming, ran over by an ATV, and one time I set a sledge hammer on it not gently.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

I had a warranty repair on my 7 done in November. The repairs were all covered under warranty try but they mistakenly charged me for for a new phone. I’ve sepnt 2 months, I don’t know how many hours, and finally received a full refund today.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Went to an Apple store today and was told it would be 15 minutes before an associate or whatever would be able to help me. I said all I want is a watch. Guy said it didn’t matter. I had to wait for someone to help me before I could do anything other than look. So 30 minutes later I asked the guy how much longer before someone could help me and he told me 15 minutes. I said you told me 15 minutes 30 minutes ago and he said he had no idea really how long it would be and welcome to Apple. So we left. What a joke. Can’t wait til I’m eligible for a new phone so I can get rid of this iPhone as well.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

tech retailers are the new DMV.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Ha. Yeah. There was a lady that went over to him right before me and said she’d been waiting 20 minutes and he told her 5. She had bought something online and paid for it. All she needed was to pick it up. I mean they were essentially a post office at that point and took a lot longer than us mail would have.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

They call this kick in the nuts a Genius Bar.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Went to an Apple store today and was told it would be 15 minutes before an associate or whatever would be able to help me. I said all I want is a watch. Guy said it didn’t matter. I had to wait for someone to help me before I could do anything other than look. So 30 minutes later I asked the guy how much longer before someone could help me and he told me 15 minutes. I said you told me 15 minutes 30 minutes ago and he said he had no idea really how long it would be and welcome to Apple. So we left. What a joke. Can’t wait til I’m eligible for a new phone so I can get rid of this iPhone as well.
I don't know the status of authorized resellers and service providers these days, but that's a much better option in most cases. I used to work for one and they were a crummy employer but our customer service and repairs were really good and quick. Just check reviews first.

On-hand stock is probably an issue. You may not be able to look at the exact product you want but they might have something similar to demo.