[expletive] Apple

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Re: [expletive] Apple

Post by Freed Roger »

Lately have been using the Ipad at home. what useless piece of [expletive] that thing is. auto-corrects everything. Try cutting pasting something and you'll lose your mind. About the only thing it's good for is GRB - and even there my GRB OPS drops 150 points when I use it.

My ipod nano experience - Impossible to rant enough on it. How can something simple (by today's tech) be so undependable? My current one works just well enough to make me think it works - then halfway thru a workout or walking my dog it goes berserk. ITunes is awful. Been using and abusing my phone more often - but it doesn't give the lightweight convenience-I'm after. Problem is I'm married to it - with my library etc. I am willing to devote time [expletive] about ipod, but not seek out a better product.

Have to make a trip to the [expletive] "Genius" bar just to replace it at a discount -then reload all the songs on -cherry picking the ITUNES library from a decade of infiltrated Hannah Montana, DJay Jazzy Jerry, Jonas Brothers etc songs from the kids (and my wife...SECRETS).

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Trying to do any kind of text selection to use copy/paste or formatting with the buttons on GRB is a nightmare.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

ghostrunner wrote:Trying to do any kind of text selection to use copy/paste or formatting with the buttons on GRB is a nightmare.
Yep.

It's pretty awful for doing fantasy football stuff on CBS.

I'll access my work webmail on it sometimes - the suggestions -where it will popup the remainder of an email address or a word to punch to auto-complete - I can't get that to work most the times. Anything that I type with CPA in it, gets made into CAP.

I'm sure there are ways to change the settings for some of my IPAD and IPOD issues - but these are ancillary devices for me that I don't want to fart with much.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of worldwide marketing, said in a statement that the iPad Pros will give baseballs insiders what they need "right at the touch of their fingers and when it matters most, during the game."

Concerned that the integrity of the game would be compromised, Major League Baseball had previously forbidden use of technology in the dugouts. The league says the new technology is secure thanks to a private network that was installed in both clubhouses at each of the 30 ballparks this offseason.

A Major League Baseball spokesman would not disclose whether money changed hands on the deal. Microsoft pays the NFL about $80 million annually for coaches to use its Surface tablet on the sidelines.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15096 ... s-bullpens

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Note cards

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Hard for me to imagine those really getting used in the dugout.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

While I was on the phone to a citizen explaining things one can do to avoid risking a house fire, my macbook charging cord started smoking.

Use the wings to wrap your cord.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -help.html

Prosecutors in Arkansas now seeking FBI help to crack into a suspects iphone. Awesome, that didn't take long.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

God I hate Apple so much but my wife has a Windows laptop that I have been dealing with this week and god I hate Microsoft so much for different reasons.

M1IRONMIKE
Well hello, pilgrim

Post by M1IRONMIKE »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -help.html

Prosecutors in Arkansas now seeking FBI help to crack into a suspects iphone. Awesome, that didn't take long.
If a search warrant is obtained I am baffled as to why people are so up in arms over being able to break the code and search an Iphone