[expletive] Apple

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Re: [expletive] Apple

Post by ghostrunner »

M1IRONMIKE wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -help.html

Prosecutors in Arkansas now seeking FBI help to crack into a suspects iphone. Awesome, that didn't take long.
If a search warrant is obtained I am baffled as to why people are so up in arms over being able to break the code and search an Iphone

The owner is obligated to let them search the phone because of the warrant. Apple is challenging the idea that the government should be able to compel them to hack the phone.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

M1IRONMIKE wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -help.html

Prosecutors in Arkansas now seeking FBI help to crack into a suspects iphone. Awesome, that didn't take long.
If a search warrant is obtained I am baffled as to why people are so up in arms over being able to break the code and search an Iphone
That's not, and never was the issue though.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

The rug is not the issue here, Dude.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

According to Apple a primary issue was this top secret thingy that would be in someones brain that could then be transferred to the bad guys. That, was scare tactic bull [expletive].

MrSaigon

Post by MrSaigon »

This Android commercial is great. Just a little greater that it's also a shot at Apple--though I'm not sure how strong their point there is. The making of video was cool too.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

My wife's itunes account was hacked and $600 in charges hit our bank. When it's going thru your bank or CC to dispute charges, that's not nearly as bad as dealing with Apple. she spent at least 3 hours spread out over a few days to get some resolution.

I've said it before - the Pain-the-ass bureaucracy to deal with in the private sector exceeds the government.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I saw something today on my phone that the author thought was a funny story about Steve Jobs but to me is just made me think of him as a jerk. The basic story is that at Apple, Steve Jobs insisted that the employees pay for their lunch every day unlike other companies in the area. He had a card system implemented where the employee would swipe their card and the price of their lunch would be deducted from their paycheck. The guy being interviewed said that every time he would eat lunch with Jobs, Jobs would wait at the register for him and insist on swiping his own card to buy him lunch. The thing is, Jobs eventually told him, while laughing, that since his salary is technically only a dollar a year... there isn't enough paycheck to take the lunch out of so he gets his lunches for free. What a dick.

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

I recently had a very good Apple experience. My 6-mo old iPhone 7 was acting really weird, and then it suddenly went to a white screen and wouldn't respond to anything. I got into the "genius bar" that evening. Dude was very helpful and determined that it was a hardware issue. Then they gave me a new phone since mine was still in the warranty period.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Apple's Numbers app is underrated.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Sounds like iPhone X is struggling. Given their last two most heralded changes--water resistance, charging pod--have been with Samsung for a while--I just don't know if Apple is going to be a stock/b-school case study darling much longer. Perhaps that's been true for a while. I'm not sure they have that juice anymore.

And I'm not even really a hater anymore. Though it is hard to read about Travis Kalanik and not wonder if Steve Jobs could have survived in today's hyper-access, high-sensitivity environment. Anyway, sure seems like they miss him.