99% conan clips

Re: [expletive] Apple

Post by Jocephus »

and i get crap for owning a zune

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

i feel like iTunes can prolly be classified as a virus.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I already loved Google Music (I have the All Access) but this thread really seals it for me. I tried iTunes when it first came out and have never tried it since. It tried to take over my entire computer and just slowed everything down. I'm sure it has gotten better in the near decade since I tried it but man it was horrible. I've tried to help friends with it before and it just doesn't make sense to me.

Does iTunes actually come across as intuitive to most people? Is it just me that doesn't get it? People always talk about how easy it is but as far as I'm concerned, the drag and drop in Windows days was as simple as it got before Google Music and was way easier than iTunes.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

I hate iTunes. No it's not intuitive at all.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Finally got it fixed. Wish I could bill Apple for wasting my [expletive] time. Rat [expletive].

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

iTunes was good version 10 and back. I find the new one more difficult and it's just too full of stuff. I've had Spotify for the past year and pretty much quit using iTunes. Got a new phone a few months ago and didn't even bother to put my music on it.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

You wouldn't believe what is happening with mine iTunes. I called in the Apple geeks at work and they were dumbfounded. It started where it wouldn't sync unless I shutdown itunes and restarted it. Then it wouldn't sync half the time when I did that. I'd reboot, shut the phone down, restart everything and still no sync. It would always get stuck on the last step - Applying updates or whatever. It would just sit there forewever but it went through the sync steps in a nanosecond. Then it got really interesting in a Poltergeist sort of way. When it tried to sync and it got to the last step, it finally finished one time and completely filled my storage up with "Other". I then noticed some of my music was duplicated on the phone, some would only play for 20 seconds or so before advancing to the next song, and in once case the album would just go to the next song and not even start to play it before it went to the next. The thing was just going crazy.

So restore and copy from backup, and then I lost all of my music. I tried to sync, it filled up the "Other" again, but no music on the phone. We unchecked the auto-sync button, and immediately the "Other" block changed to "Audio" and I had music on my phone.

But there is still some music (purchased from iTunes of all things), that seem to think it's in demo mode and will only play for 30 seconds.

Time to get a cheap Sony mp3 I think.

The pisser is that I had a droid phone that I liked, ONLY got the iPhone because I thought music would be easier manage. The droid was kind of [expletive] in that regard, otherwise I loved it. What I should have done was just kept the droid and got an mp3 player.

But this really burned me out of apple for sure. I'm afraid at this point to add or do anything to my music, because at least now I have some music on there and I don't want to lose it.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

An official Google Music app for iOS came out a couple of months ago if I recall. You might want to check that out. I have never owned an Apple product but I am pretty sure that the music manager that you can install on your computer will find all of your music in iTunes and either match it up if they have it or if they don't, it will upload it. Then all of your music is in the cloud and your device is always synced. And that is all free (first 20,000 songs). You don't have to do the $10/month subscription at all. Going forward, anything you buy from Google won't count against the 20,000 song limit.

ndistops
All-Star

Post by ndistops »

They did it again. Absolutely [expletive] unbelievable. The ONLY reason I downloaded the new update this time was because I assumed there's no way a company would be so [expletive] arrogant and stupid as to release ANOTHER jacked-up update after the last one caused so many problems. I guess I should have known better given these [expletive].

docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

Post by docellis »

so i got an ipad for free and now, in order to get started it looks like i have to download itunes.

it was someone else's ipad and so they did a reset. In order to get it to work I have to plug it into my computer via usb and connect to itunes.

I am downloading itunes now, and i intend to uninstall it immediately after setting up the ipad.

is there any reason not to do this? you are speaking to someone who hates quicktime pop up windows wanting to be updated and in general, dislikes apple products.