Rant: Ticks

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Re: Rant: Ticks

Post by heyzeus »

I'm never leaving the city ever again for any reason.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

As if the vultures would allow that anyway.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

cardsfansince82 wrote:As if the vultures would allow that anyway.
Sometimes you eat the vulture, sometimes the vulture eats you.

longhornbaseball
Perennial All-Star

Post by longhornbaseball »

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has had a dick tick, and not the only one whose mom had to help in the removal...

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

Reading that article I know understand why there are so many stories of ticks sucking dicks. I also now undertand why i had one on my eyelid, I imagine the blood vessels are close to the service of the skin. I always thought they went for your hair to remain protected, maybe there are a bunch of easy to get blood vessels in your skull?

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

who knew that youtube had videos of guys with ticks on their dicks?

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

I knew the ticks were supposed to bad this year, but they were worse than expected on an overnight trip jaunt on Ozark Trail.

I didn't get to permethrin coat all my clothes - which wouldn't work anyway unless I wore a burkha.
Typically I don't mind plucking off a few ticks, but this was miserable. I was taking frequent peaks in my britches, thanks to this thread.

Poor Big Galoot was chemmed up, and he still came home loaded with them. winter is better than this [expletive].

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

I got another last week. I get the heebie jeebies all day when I find one. But no, winter is NOT better than this.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Yeah. The absolute worst part of finding a tick is not feeling comfortable for another couple days....I'm not 100% certain I don't have one until enough time has passed that the thing would have ballooned up so big that he'd fall off. Which blows my mind that happens.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

jim wrote:I got another last week. I get the heebie jeebies all day when I find one. But no, winter is NOT better than this.
One wouldn't bother me much. I'm talking close to 100 so plucked off my old dog. Dozens off myself. Horses use trail I was on, so the ticks are just awful. Tick problem was compounded by the dog struggling mightily on the trail-I forget he's old, and lost his trail paws and endurance. So every time we stopped to recover - the ticks just hopped aboard. So I had to keep pushing him on toward heat exhaustion.

Even though I know better about big dogs and heat - I should know better. It was the cruel. Labs are so damn loyal they go until they drop to have fun and hang with you. Poor Big Galoot.

I won't go back near that place until it is wonderfully freezing.