BMI

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: BMI

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

haltz wrote:
I made a bet recently that I could do the carnivore diet for a month. I'm 8 days in and I hate it. I haven't gotten over any hump and feel like dog [expletive] at several points during the day. I think I might go vegetarian after this. Just the smell of bacon or a ribeye makes me want to puke.
Just googled carnivore diet. Wow. Good luck. Keep us posted.

ZigZagCardsFan
Perennial All-Star

Post by ZigZagCardsFan »

Michael wrote:Nice bump, bot.

Anyway, the criticisms of BMI are overblown and it's a good measure for like 99% of the population.
I always used to tell myself that I would never be a healthy BMI. I was overweight, there's no doubt about that, but I was athletic, spending several years moving furniture and playing sports, so I assumed my muscle would throw things off.

Now that I'm healthy according to the BMI chart, I can see how that was a convenient excuse for myself.

I'd like to add on 15-20 lbs. of muscle and I'll be 'overweight' again, but I agree for most people that the BMI chart is probably demonized when it shouldn't be.

To illustrate how skewed our American perspectives are on weight, my family has begun to question whether I should be losing weight. I eat 2400-3450 cals every day. I'm 6-2, 187.
Last edited by ZigZagCardsFan on August 7 18, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

ZigZagCardsFan wrote:

Anyway, the criticisms of BMI are overblown and it's a good measure for like 99% of the population.
I always used to tell myself that I would never be a healthy BMI. I was overweight, there's no doubt about that, but I was athletic, spending several years moving furniture and playing sports, so I assumed my muscle would throw things off.

Now that I'm healthy according to the BMI chart, I can see how that was a convenient excuse for myself.

I'd like to add on 15-20 lbs. of muscle and I'll be 'overweight' again, but I agree for most people that the BMI chart is probably demonized when it shouldn't be.

To illustrate how skewed our American perspectives are on weight, my family has begun to question whether I should be losing weight. I eat 2400-3450 cals every day. I'm 6-2, 287.
Wait...6-2, 287 is healthy according to the BMI chart?

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

My penis is 6-2; 287

Smith Corks One
All-Star

CardsofSTL wrote:My penis is 6-2; 287
Millimeters and milligrams?

ZigZagCardsFan
Perennial All-Star

Post by ZigZagCardsFan »

Smith Corks One wrote:
ZigZagCardsFan wrote:

To illustrate how skewed our American perspectives are on weight, my family has begun to question whether I should be losing weight. I eat 2400-3450 cals every day. I'm 6-2, 287.
Wait...6-2, 287 is healthy according to the BMI chart?
Ha, fixed! I've been in the 200 mindset for a decade.

That should've said 187.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Smith Corks One wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:My penis is 6-2; 287
Millimeters and milligrams?
:lol:

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

learned that the carnivore diet is pushed by jordan peterson and his daughter. weird.

Smith Corks One
All-Star

So it's basically nothing but red meat? What the [expletive]. Good luck having a bowel movement and not dying of heart disease.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Smith Corks One wrote:So it's basically nothing but red meat? What the [expletive]. Good luck having a bowel movement and not dying of heart disease.
Apparently it does constipate people pretty severely from what I read and that makes sense.

Need an official ruling from haltz on coffee and alcohol.

On the one hand, you'd think alcohol would be prohibited because, well, it's not meat. But, on the other hand, this diet seems to embrace an unhealthy approach so alcohol should be welcomed with open arms.