Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: Random musings

Post by Radbird »

tlombard wrote:Ax throwing is a lot harder than I thought it would be.

Celebrated a friend's birthday yesterday at the one in Valley Park and it took me a shameful amount of time to get the hang of it. I finally stopped taking a step when I threw and they started hitting right and sticking. They also have throwing stars, knives, daggers and metal rectangles the size of playing cards that you can throw which are fun as well as different size axes/hatchets. I was deadly with the Z-Hunter (small light weight hatchet) but absolutely terrible with an ax. I can hit right where I want on the target but it won't stick so if we ever get in an ax throwing fight, you'll get some blunt force trauma but no ax head stuck in you.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

thats what i thought of

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Jocephus wrote:thats what i thought of
It is also what I thought of.

Are we just incredibly well versed on nostalgic television or old AF?

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

CardsofSTL wrote:
Jocephus wrote:thats what i thought of
It is also what I thought of.

Are we just incredibly well versed on nostalgic television or old AF?
Both....

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:Absolutely ask them to fix. Or better yet give you $$ to do it so you can make sure it’s done right.

Good thought too. I'm honestly okay with either option.
Personally I’d rather them be responsible for the fix. I’d stipulate that it’s done by a licensed professional that you approve of. Reason being, what if you get 7k for the repair but they find that they can’t go inside the existing pipe? If they have to tear up your yard that’s one thing but in lots of areas the main is in the middle of the road and your responsible for digging the road up and fixing it. The cost could easily double in that situation. That’s probably a worst case but lots of issues can increase costs.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Diddy wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:Absolutely ask them to fix. Or better yet give you $$ to do it so you can make sure it’s done right.

Personally I’d rather them be responsible for the fix. I’d stipulate that it’s done by a licensed professional that you approve of. Reason being, what if you get 7k for the repair but they find that they can’t go inside the existing pipe? If they have to tear up your yard that’s one thing but in lots of areas the main is in the middle of the road and your responsible for digging the road up and fixing it. The cost could easily double in that situation. That’s probably a worst case but lots of issues can increase costs.

From what I understand from the inspection, this would not be the case. I do agree though that there's a chance the contractor will find something else we'd need to repair.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
Diddy wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:

From what I understand from the inspection, this would not be the case. I do agree though that there's a chance the contractor will find something else we'd need to repair.
Repairs just tend to escalate when you get into them. I took my truck in for new tires last week, by the time it left the shop it had new tires, brake pads and rotors, shocks and tie rods.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

is it rude to just bust out your phone in a public lobby and start watching programming at full blast without headphones?

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Jocephus wrote:is it rude to just bust out your phone in a public lobby and start watching programming at full blast without headphones?
Definitely

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I've started the Keto diet today due to my Bartolo Colón approved pants.

Let the suffering begin!